Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY21 California Ocean mods...

zippster

zippster

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hey all, collected our new California 6.1 Ocean last Thursday and I’ve already been modding it and thought I’d share with you guys..

First mod was full PPF (xpel extreme self healing) to the mirror caps, full front bumper, headlamps, rear boot/bumper, and bike rack contact points.. so pleased with this as I have it on my *other* car and it’s still factory fresh !
0B4AE66C-A904-4D4C-B971-D8E347A14685.jpeg2474EF5C-9F79-4F1A-8602-7E240FA13542.jpeg4B3D135D-5EF9-49E0-A36F-FCEC933CD721.jpeg96997B54-0AC5-4BA7-B6D5-4FD9324E783A.jpeg
Next up was swapping out the factory H11 yellow foglight bulbs for some xenonmatch replacements to compliment the full led headlights (see left and right for comparison)

1EA4AEE1-F89A-46DA-84BB-63E638B9160E.jpeg

and finally today my horrendously expensive palladium cushion arrived to compliment the interior .. £40 for a single cushion is ridiculous however it’s thick and an exact match and pleases my OCD ..

84FA628E-E100-4EA9-B4DA-E04631F2E16C.jpeg
This weekend I’ll be washing and applying a couple of layers of ceramic coating to the paintwork ready for the winter

next mods are trapezoid side bars arriving next week :)

Love my Cali! Just would be nice to use it as we were going away for our first trip this weekend but thanks to COVID it’s been canned ;(

Cheers

Looks great. I’m waiting for a white Cali too. What extra have you got on yours?

Is the ppf expensive? Did you apply it yourself? Sounds like a good idea.

Hey all, collected our new California 6.1 Ocean last Thursday and I’ve already been modding it and thought I’d share with you guys..

First mod was full PPF (xpel extreme self healing) to the mirror caps, full front bumper, headlamps, rear boot/bumper, and bike rack contact points.. so pleased with this as I have it on my *other* car and it’s still factory fresh !
View attachment 68882View attachment 68883View attachment 68881View attachment 68880
Next up was swapping out the factory H11 yellow foglight bulbs for some xenonmatch replacements to compliment the full led headlights (see left and right for comparison)

View attachment 68884

and finally today my horrendously expensive palladium cushion arrived to compliment the interior .. £40 for a single cushion is ridiculous however it’s thick and an exact match and pleases my OCD ..

View attachment 68885
This weekend I’ll be washing and applying a couple of layers of ceramic coating to the paintwork ready for the winter

Love my Cali! Just would be nice to use it as we were going away for our first trip this weekend but thanks to COVID it’s been canned ;(

Cheers
Looks great. Picking up my White/Bronze Ocean tomorrow. Looking forward to a weekend of installing bits and pieces.

Looks great. I’m waiting for a white Cali too. What extra have you got on yours?

Is the ppf expensive? Did you apply it yourself? Sounds like a good idea.
Hey .. we went for discovery media pro (fantastic)
Strawberry roof
Candy white
Extended comfort bed and mattress
Lowered suspension (vw 30mm)
Best of a bad bunch wheels (soon to be 18” sport line in gloss black)

ppf cost (me) £720 for everything listed above. I used the same guy I’ve used before called paintguard and his work is second to none.. I have the same xpel installed on my lotus and it’s absolutely factory fresh and gives you that piece of mind with this VW aerodynamic brick! Worth every penny in my book.

I know it’s not for everyone but ppf is a little cost for perfect paint if like me you stress out about stone chips and pebble dashed front ends.. I now just enjoy my cars like they are meant to be enjoyed.

Looks great. Picking up my White/Bronze Ocean tomorrow. Looking forward to a weekend of installing bits and pieces.
Great news and finally your getting yours enjoy and let’s see some pics when you get it! What bits and pieces do you have already?

Great news and finally your getting yours enjoy and let’s see some pics when you get it! What bits and pieces do you have already?
Apart from filling my boots on the factory fitted options I have a ridiculously long list of bits and pieces. (Posted elsewhere on the forum).

Hey .. we went for discovery media pro (fantastic)
Strawberry roof
Candy white
Extended comfort bed and mattress
Lowered suspension (vw 30mm)
Best of a bad bunch wheels (soon to be 18” sport line in gloss black)

ppf cost (me) £720 for everything listed above. I used the same guy I’ve used before called paintguard and his work is second to none.. I have the same xpel installed on my lotus and it’s absolutely factory fresh and gives you that piece of mind with this VW aerodynamic brick! Worth every penny in my book.

I know it’s not for everyone but ppf is a little cost for perfect paint if like me you stress out about stone chips and pebble dashed front ends.. I now just enjoy my cars like they are meant to be enjoyed.
Great to pick up tips from a guy who knows what he’s doing.
Who is your guy for ppf?
I also went for Woodstock’s (highest resale value no cost option?) but want to change to 18”. Where are you sourcing your sport lines?

Looks great, I have gone for Bay Leaf Green Ocean, whenever it arrives....!! But I am intending to have a self repairing film on most of the front end and the rear bumper quote of £950 for that. The fog lights look good so will look into that, the cushion look good but a step too far for me ...have fun when you get on the road, updates on how it goes would be useful

Contact Steve at paintguard and mention me to get the same deal..

To be fair he’s usually doing lambo’s , porsches and ferraris etc.. but he’s such a nice guy and has all the equipment to cut out any design (big plotter thing!)

he only uses the best suntech / xpel ultimate self healing stuff..

Check him out..

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad

View attachment 68882View attachment 68883View attachment 68881View attachment 68880

View attachment 68884

View attachment 68885

Cheers
What is PPF.....is it a seethrough wrap?

Reactions: Loz
Contact Steve at paintguard and mention me to get the same deal..

To be fair he’s usually doing lambo’s , porsches and ferraris etc.. but he’s such a nice guy and has all the equipment to cut out any design (big plotter thing!)

he only uses the best suntech / xpel ultimate self healing stuff..

Check him out..
thought i recognised the location. Hes done 8 of my cars.

BVBi6AG.jpg
same car park.

View attachment 68884

View attachment 68885

Cheers
Where did you source the xenon match fog light bulbs please ? (And link or part number would be great :cheers )

Thanks @66tim99
Are those the cheapest H11 bulbs with a white 4200k light ?
I’m trying to find out if the Osram from Europcar parts are the same colour 4200k ?
So it’s 3200k for yellow
4200k for white EU legal.
5000k is blueish which is not legal.

Last edited:
I’ve always used hoen’s from here ..

Not the cheapest but can vouch for the quality used them in all my audis over the years

A yellowish light is better for illumination in Foggy conditions.
Thanks. So perhaps not inadvertent that VW didn’t match the fogs to the LED headlights...

A yellowish light is better for illumination in Foggy conditions.

interesting and I wonder if that’s just historic.. however why are the main lights that provide the majority of the light offered as a full white led ? I’ve had hoens for years and when used as fog light work perfectly well they actually have a slight blue hue and are used in rally’s .. I have no experience in fog with the cheaper replacement led bulbs sold on eBay and Amazon, hoens are not led.

for me it bugged me As the fog light(driving lights) are now used for Cornering lights when turning left and right, not only does it look light you have a fog bulb blown they didn’t match.

Back