Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mysterious dripping sound from diesel heater

Arnie

Arnie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi so I am spending the night in my new Cali (Arnie) with my son (on our drive) and there is a dripping sound. I've been round the van and can't see any leaks. I turned the heater off and the noise stopped. Just turned the heat back on and the dripping has restarted. Should I be worried?

Found an earlier post suggesting this is normal and to look for earlier threads on the topic but cannot find any.

Any words of wisdom on this would be much appreciated. Arnie is a 2013 T5 if it makes any difference.

Many thanks!
Arnie

Are you sure it’s not a clicking noise ? They click quite annoyingly when in use

I would describe the noise I hear as a ticking sound.
When it reaches set temperature it stops for a bit then it kicks in again.
Quite relaxing but I also like to have a radio on in the background through the night

Hi so I am spending the night in my new Cali (Arnie) with my son (on our drive) and there is a dripping sound. I've been round the van and can't see any leaks. I turned the heater off and the noise stopped. Just turned the heat back on and the dripping has restarted. Should I be worried?

Found an earlier post suggesting this is normal and to look for earlier threads on the topic but cannot find any.

Any words of wisdom on this would be much appreciated. Arnie is a 2013 T5 if it makes any difference.

Many thanks!
Arnie
More than likely the Parking Heater fuel pump. Varies in speed, faster on start-up then slows as the heater gets upto temperature. Normal.

Thanks for the comments. I think it's a ticking noise but the frequency is constant when the heater is on. Was soon drowned out by the sound of rain.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk