Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mystery Item

Not sure, there are other straps that look like they are for around the cylinders

Nope not that - those straps are already attached where the table sits when driving

Pretty sure they are bed straps mate go to YouTube:

Grand California 600 Rear Bed in Detail | California Chris​

Algor
Just watched the video and definitely not the bed straps. The bed straps are permanently attached to the beds and have snap shut fasteners. My mystery straps have buckles and the ring!!
Good suggestion though

I used to have a T5 camper but recently got a La Strada EB Ducato based van, imported from Germany new. I have identical straps and they came in the gas cabinet. I have not figured out what they are for. My guess is that they fit over the shroud on a standard German gas bottle, but since I don't have such a bottle I can't check it out.

I used to have a T5 camper but recently got a La Strada EB Ducato based van, imported from Germany new. I have identical straps and they came in the gas cabinet. I have not figured out what they are for. My guess is that they fit over the shroud on a standard German gas bottle, but since I don't have such a bottle I can't check it out.
Thanks for that. In the absence of anything else I will have to go with that !!

Now that makes a lot of sense, thanks
Hi MM I ask the same question when I picked mine up and apparently they are for gas bottles-restraints Even the gaslow installers confirmed this.

They are for the smaller gas bottles. This is not mentioned in the user manual. Different markets have more or less common gas bottle sizes. These straps fit the ones that are most common in the UK for example.

Back