Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

N75 Moo valve

C

Catje

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Dear forum members,
I recently became victim of the Moo valve... checked holding the N75 when turning off the engine and found out it really is the N75. Now,,, I recently moved to Spain and would like to order it here and change it myself. To be sure to order the correct part number I was hoping someone on the forum could help me out with the part number. I own a 2010 SE 2.0 TDI 140HP fwd.
Thanks a lot

Dear forum members,
I recently became victim of the Moo valve... checked holding the N75 when turning off the engine and found out it really is the N75. Now,,, I recently moved to Spain and would like to order it here and change it myself. To be sure to order the correct part number I was hoping someone on the forum could help me out with the part number. I own a 2010 SE 2.0 TDI 140HP fwd.
Thanks a lot
Frequently it is not the actual valve but the rubber connecting tubes that stretch. VW changed the material at some point.

Hi WelshGas ,
Could you explain to me how to fix this if it would be the stretch issue or how I could check if it is?
Cheers

Hi WelshGas ,
Could you explain to me how to fix this if it would be the stretch issue or how I could check if it is?
Cheers
The vacuum pipes are push fit so I would try jubilee clips or those nylon cable ties, but done up as tightly as possible on the joints to the valve. If the noise goes or changes then I would change the pipes first.
Whenever the Dealer changes the valve they also change the pipes .

Hi on the T5 to cure the moo noise a new N75 valve is needed on a T5.1/GP there are modified vac hoses to cure the noise.

My dealer fitted a new set of hoses to my 5.1 van and it is now wonderfully quiet.
Not an easy job though, apparently.

Alan

I had a Moo Valve noise in my Cali until I used Gaffer tape over my mum in law's noise valve :shocked

I had a Moo Valve noise in my Cali until I used Gaffer tape over my mum in law's noise valve :shocked
Ooh, Gaffer Tape.
The CC Chairman didn't like finding that in the trailer of that VW camper! Very useful stuff.

Hi on the T5 to cure the moo noise a new N75 valve is needed on a T5.1/GP there are modified vac hoses to cure the noise.

Hi VW. Master-tech
I own a 2012 180 bi turbo 4 motion.
The moo valve or n75 valve is starting to make the moo noise on the odd occasion, do I need to panic and get this into the garage, will I need 2 valves?
I thought I read somewhere that VW replaced this valve because it was faulty?Any advise re the above.
Steve.

Steve, our's was replaced on our 2012 180 (while under warranty) told it was a modified part

Hi VW. Master-tech
I own a 2012 180 bi turbo 4 motion.
The moo valve or n75 valve is starting to make the moo noise on the odd occasion, do I need to panic and get this into the garage, will I need 2 valves?
I thought I read somewhere that VW replaced this valve because it was faulty?Any advise re the above.
Steve.
Just had both valves and pipes changed on mine, fiddly job to do, took about 2 hours. My van is 4 1/2 years old, so just outside the normal goodwill period from VW, but the the dealer applied a 10% discount and I'm going to see if VWCS will match it. I paid £180 with Vindis van centre, St Ives, Cambs. The new items are a different design, the pipes are shaped for a better air path.

Hi all
my moo valve is mooing at me now and then, we are away next week for a month, do I need to get this fixed or will it hold out till I get back to Blighty.
My Cali is 2012 SE 4 motion.
Moo's when we go up into 3rd.
Thanks. Guys and girls.

Steve

I drove around Scotland got worse drove me to distraction in the end as you 1st noted an issue back in November I would get it done before I go on holiday if only to stop you waiting for the MOoooooing to drive you mad

Last edited:
From my experience... the sound got worse over the weeks.. completely distracted and even felt uncomfortable driving... constantly trying to figure out how and when the sound was there. Fixed it 4 weeks after it started and didn't drive much in the meanwhile...

I grove around Scotland got worse drove me to distraction in the end as you 1st noted an issue back in November I would get it done before I go on holiday if only to stop you waiting for the MOoooooing to drive you mad

Thanks Andy will ring them in the morning. Happy new year.
Steve

Hi All - just hoping for a bit of advice. We have a 2012 Cali which had the common Moo noise. On recommendation we asked the local Lookers Van centre to replace the N75 Valve.
The van is still Farm Yard Esq after this valve has been changed. When I questioned this they have said that the N75 fix is an old fix and that their are pipes that need replacing - this is supposedly the New Fix
They are saying I'm looking at £100 + for this pipes to be replaced.
I have pictures of the valve they have replaced and it is a different one to the ones that I have seen on this forum.
Can one advise what the fix is for this before I go back to Lookers.
Thanks
Lisa

Our van's moos were silenced back in March 2015.

What was done was new updated tubes were fitted. The valves themselves were not changed.
This was done by Breeze Van Centre in Totton.

Hope that helps.

Alan

Hi All - just hoping for a bit of advice. We have a 2012 Cali which had the common Moo noise. On recommendation we asked the local Lookers Van centre to replace the N75 Valve.
The van is still Farm Yard Esq after this valve has been changed. When I questioned this they have said that the N75 fix is an old fix and that their are pipes that need replacing - this is supposedly the New Fix
They are saying I'm looking at £100 + for this pipes to be replaced.
I have pictures of the valve they have replaced and it is a different one to the ones that I have seen on this forum.
Can one advise what the fix is for this before I go back to Lookers.
Thanks
Lisa
If you have a 180bhp engine there are 2 N75 valves, one for each turbo. Cost was £140 I think, plus extortionate diagnostics charge.

my valves have been mooing since i got the van two years ago. (its a 2014 multivan 100kW) and I'm only getting round to fixing it now because i am going to sell it as my new California has arrived.

My plan based on this thread:

1) locate moo valve and associated vacuum pipes
2) fiddle around and try to tighten up the pipes with jubilee clips etc.
3) reassess
4) if mooing continues, replace pipes and then valve.

How does that sound?

this seems usefull:

my valves have been mooing since i got the van two years ago. (its a 2014 multivan 100kW) and I'm only getting round to fixing it now because i am going to sell it as my new California has arrived.

My plan based on this thread:

1) locate moo valve and associated vacuum pipes
2) fiddle around and try to tighten up the pipes with jubilee clips etc.
3) reassess
4) if mooing continues, replace pipes and then valve.

How does that sound?

this seems usefull:
Sounds like a plan. :thumb