Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

N75 Valve

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Has anyone changed their own n75 valve if so any problems after and did it cure the moo?

What age is your Cali ? It may need modified vac pipes not a N75

Hi with it being a 2013 vehicle it’s more likely to need modified vac pipes for the n75 rather than the valve itself can you take a picture of the N75 and carrier bracket so I can see all the vac pipes and I will let you know if they are the original pipes

What are the modified vac pipes like?

Hi the pipes have changed in length and have a pulsation damper fitted see the picture below yours has the old pipes so you will need 7e0 129 458k and 7e0 129 458 L 2946E223-B944-477A-A6A9-224B49E34926.jpeg

2010 CR but no problems yet with it.

Hi there - My van has been making the "moo" noise for about a year now on and off, and I want to get it fixed.

It's booked in with VW Sheffield for an MOT and diagnostic test for the problem at the end of this month, but I'm now thinking I should skip the diagnostic test and just ask for the vac hoses to be replaced (they are old style - I checked this morning by comparing them against the photos on this thread). Advice gratefully received.

Hi there - So I took the van in today for its MOT and diagnostics for the "Mooing" issue. They identified the issue and fitted W7EO 129 458 N & M hoses. Inevitably the "mooing" struck up on the way home from Sheffield. To be honest to my untrained eye I can't see any signs of any new hosing in the area of the N75 valve, but they insist that they did the work and still have the old hoses they took out - I've arranged to see the technician at Sheffield tomorrow to discuss. I'm not technical but did note that the part number quoted on the invoice (above) are not the same as those quoted by VW Guru in one of the above posts. The online description says they are EGR vacuum hoses - presumably the same thing? Any ideas before I meet up with the technician tomorrow? Thanks.

Has anyone changed their own n75 valve if so any problems after and did it cure the moo?I replaced my own n75 valve on my 2008 se it used to moo when I turned of tge engine for a few seconds after it. That has gone but I notice I get a whirring noise going through lower gears around 1500rpm especially when I change gear as I clutch it. I also have a dip in acceleration around 1800rpm when accelerating. Just curious if mine also needs tge pipes swapped?