Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

nah then....give me some flak. anyone gone from a beach to an ocean?

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
thinking of changing my wonderful beach to an ocean. anyone done this.? I assume yes. what's your thoughts. my concern is money. don't want April 2017 tax bills for a start. apart from the forum . what's the best way to sell? auto trader?. any advice,smart arse comments or stories all appreciated.

We had an add placed yesterday and the Cali sold within the hour. :thumb

Ah yeah ...the good old Beach vs. Ocean debate ....where's my pop-corn? :D

Serious , i think it is a perfect time to sell a Cali , spring on the doorstep and no Cali's @VW

Ah yeah ...the good old Beach vs. Ocean debate ....where's my pop-corn? :D

Serious , i think it is a perfect time to sell a Cali , spring on the doorstep and no Cali's @VW
I was thinking that. but also means I have to buy another one too. not after a beach ocean debate. wish I could have both. just wondered about trading in. trading up. sell private. buy private etc. use autotrader ? bit like selling an se for an ocean. selling in spring ie now and then buying in winter is ideal but i cant do that.also I hear the ocean has a popcorn machine as standard so I want that

Have you done a WeBuyAnyCar Valuation?

I'e just sold my 2016 /16 Beach to them, the valuation went up and down by 4 grand for a few days so keep checking every day or so!

Mines being auctioned off by them tomorrow.

I'e just sold my 2016 /16 Beach to them, the valuation went up and down by 4 grand for a few days so keep checking every day or so!

Mines being auctioned off by them tomorrow.
cheers. tomorrow's job. I have a 2016 beach too. it's these top selling and buying tips I'm after. nice 1

I don't know, I doubt it without registering to buy it!
It will be interesting to know your valuation. The miserly sods reckon my 2017 grape yellow is worth just £28,730.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
I'll let you know. and mines grape too. they have under valued yours by at least 12 grand so that doesn't bode well

I'm sorry but it seems WBAC may not be too keen on Grape Yellow.
Just done a couple of valuaions of Calis for sale on the VW used website and the Grape was over 6 grand less than a red one that was a similar age and mileage.Screenshot_20180328-215755.png Screenshot_20180328-215814.png

Screenshot_20180328-221941.png

Screenshot_20180328-222207.png

I'm not sure if we all start getting quotes from WBAC 'for fun' it will do the handful of sellers who really need them much good. Perhaps their algorithm will think there are lots of sellers out there.

I can't see how WBAC can be a great buyer in this chain.....Owner to WBAC (1) to auction (2) to dealer (3) to new owner. So that's three hefty cuts of profit when most of us can achieve the same thing on this site for £29 or ebay for £15.
On a £50k Cali, I can't believe WBAC would expect to make less than £1500 for its risk, the auction house £500 for its time and the supplying dealer at least £2500 for all those sharp suits.

I'm not sure if we all start getting quotes from WBAC 'for fun' it will do the handful of sellers who really need them much good. Perhaps their algorithm will think there are lots of sellers out there.

I can't see how WBAC can be a great buyer in this chain.....Owner to WBAC (1) to auction (2) to dealer (3) to new owner. So that's three hefty cuts of profit when most of us can achieve the same thing on this site for £29 or ebay for £15.
On a £50k Cali, I can't believe WBAC would expect to make less than £1500 for its risk, the auction house £500 for its time and the supplying dealer at least £2500 for all those sharp suits.
I agree. and I'm looking to sell. curiosity is killing the price I think.at 23 59 end of the day I'll keep my beach as it's not a bad life. so hoping to hold out. cheers for the tips

This thread has gone a little off topic haha

I agree. and I'm looking to sell. curiosity is killing the price I think.at 23 59 end of the day I'll keep my beach as it's not a bad life. so hoping to hold out. cheers for the tips

When I sold Albert (4 y/old 44,000 miles 180 4mo) the range of prices offered were:

Dealer 1 - eurovans Crawley.......... £26,000
Dealer 2 - Listers as P/ex .......... £36,000
WBAC Unseen £33,000

I then plonked it on the forum for sale and in 4 hours it had sold for a few thousand more than the best price above.

Trying to camp this early in the season usually makes us want to get an Ocean. We have pondered it but for now we are sticking to the Beach :)

I was recently sent a PM asking my advice about how the senders should go about selling their Cali. Well I'm no expert on these matters, far from it but based on my experience......"This is it, what I wrote".
image.jpeg

"The thing is, when selling, all one can do is to take a look at what others are asking. Look at as many very similar vehicles advertised as possible, both private and commercially. Write down both the spec and prices and when you have gauged the full price range, pitch your price accordingly, bearing in mind the condition and mileage of your vehicle and of course taking into account your personal circumstances. If you are not in a hurry to sell then you could ask a higher price in the hope that someone will buy it. You have nothing to loose however even Cali prices fall gradually as the van ages, so IMO it's pointless to have it advertised for too long at a higher price if it's unlikely to sell. I feel that if an owner is serious about selling it then it's best to advertise at a realistic price to achieve a reasonably quick sale. I would also suggest to anyone trying to sell, to get a price from Webuyanycar.com and your VW Commercial dealer as a straight buy back purchase. Their offers won't be anywhere near as good as selling privately but it will help you to pitch you sale price. DON'T take any notice of car pricing guides as they are works of fiction where the Cali is concerned".

As for going from a Beach to an Ocean, why ever not? Whilst we went the other way due to personal circumstances we some day hope to have another Ocean. Splendid vehicles both. The only real issue, apart from the money aspect, is whether it would suit your personal needs.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would very much agree with the above. It was pretty much the process that I went through with Albert.

The mantra playing through my head was "don't be greedy". In the end I placed it at the low end of the "private" spectrum, a lot more than the best Dealer offering, had a few on here telling me that I could have got more for it but it sold within hours for just under 73 percent of what I paid for it. In return it gave me a sizeable deposit to buy the extremely desirable vehicle that I have now, only just arrived on the forecourt, yet to be PDI'd but was able to travel by train the following Wednesday to pick it up.

You have a beach at present, you know what suits you, you know the extra's you will gain if you bought an ocean, go for it if it is what you want.

Back