Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nail in tyre already

Embomaggiepie

Embomaggiepie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So we picked up our Cali yesterday. It's amazing! But just our luck, we have a nail in the rear tyre already . As a newbie any advice/tips on best place to purchase tyres and is it advised to go back to VW garage??

I would go to a tyre centre. From a personal view get a cheap tyre as a spare (if your punctured one is not repairable) and have the spare put on your alloy. Get a spare safe to protect the spare wheel. And as you life in Bristol your lucky you still have a spare on day 2 of Cali ownership as it seams to be a hot spot to get the spare wheel pinched.

Hi Emily that's bad luck.
I should pop back to the dealers as you may get a sympathetic replacement.
For tyres in Bristol I've always used Cabot but that was for my Touran.

http://www.cabottyreservice.co.uk

Edit: it's not the easiest workshop to drive into. Very narrow entrance and a long reverse out if your of a nervous disposition.

Mike

Bummer :(

Can it be repaired rather than replaced?

I use blackcircles for all my tyres,they will make an appointment for you at a local tyre fitter and provide the tyres.

We have used national tyres the last few times using the club code, they have even honoured it for the wife's car. Very competitive price and last time they managed to repair the tyre for just £12

Yes, it is is bl**dy annoying. I live in East Kent and have had so many nails through tyres over the years that I am beginning to wonder if they are using them to hold the roads in place.
Can your puncture be repaired?

Thanks everyone, noticed it too late for today but will investigate tomorrow. Really appreciate your advice.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better but the same happened to me just take it to a tyre centre they may be able to fix it. Enjoy your new cali

Thanks everyone, noticed it too late for today but will investigate tomorrow. Really appreciate your advice.

I always went to Cabot Tyres until someone told me about Ablefit Tyres on Bath Road.

So we picked up our Cali yesterday. It's amazing! But just our luck, we have a nail in the rear tyre already . As a newbie any advice/tips on best place to purchase tyres and is it advised to go back to VW garage??

Since I retired I walk everywhere. It absolutely amazes me how many nails are lying around on our roads. If I had a suspicious mind I could almost believe the tyre companies send people out to sow them. We always pick them up and put them in a drain. If I had a pound for every one I would be as rich as Granny Jen!

I carry a Trye String kit in our van, it's easy to do a quick nail repair without even needing to remove the wheel.

Search Ranger Stork

I carry a Trye String kit in our van, it's easy to do a quick nail repair without even needing to remove the wheel.

Search Ranger Stork
Repaired two tyres like this myself both still inflated one of the is still on the California.

2600 miles later no problem, depends where the nail is of course.

..message ends..

I am in the same position, nasty nail in the front left tyre ...........can anyone point me in the direction of my locking wheel nut Many thanks

I am in the same position, nasty nail in the front left tyre ...........can anyone point me in the direction of my locking wheel nut Many thanks
It should be in with the jack and brace in the tool box.

Mike

Cheers Mike where do I find the tool box? Thanks

Back of bench seat on mine.

Mike

On mine you undo two hand screws and hey presto it is released. Alternative would be to to pump up tyre if it only a slow puncture and drive to a tyre garage.

Mike

Or phone VW Assist. Not infrequently very difficult to undo bolts or get wheel off hub.

When i read posts like above makes me wonder if i am the only who reads a manual and need to know the location of some crucial elements when i get a new car....
When you get yourself a nice new car and have no clue where the lockingbolt of the wheels is.....:headbang

My dealer showed me where it was, it had no special place, but was put somewhere not so obvious. How many dealers take time like mine did? I don't know.
And if they do not ask had one new nissan and the dealer had lost it!!!

Listers of Coventry found a nail in my rear tyre llast month at MoT time and sorted it...

My dealer showed me where it was, it had no special place, but was put somewhere not so obvious. How many dealers take time like mine did? I don't know.

In a SE it has a special place in the toolkit that sits behind the rear seat .
Don't know on the beach...

In a SE it has a special place in the toolkit that sits behind the rear seat .
Don't know on the beach...

In both my vans from different dealers they gave been in the glove box

Back