Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Name that van!

T

The Leanings

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, Kevin and Denise here, we are picking up our Cali at the end of the month. This will be our fifth van and our previous vans have all had names...Felix, Herman, Helmut and Optimus. We are now in deep discussion as to what the new van should be called..Kevin found the word ‘coddiwomple’ on social media which means ‘To travel purposefully toward an as yet unknown destination’...which we thought summed up our camper van life very well...so this has then been changed to ‘Caliwomple’ but we need a first name..have come up with Boris Caliwomple and Greebo Caliwomple...
Any more ideas would be gratefully received ...look forward to hearing from you all

Just call it "the Van" or " Van5" whatever :welcome

Could it just be a Cali called Womble, or sticking to that theme Orinoco or Tobermory? #showingmyagenow

I don't really understand the van-naming thing myself. We love our van, but it's just referred to as 'the van' - it doesn't seem to mind.

I don't really understand the van-naming thing myself. We love our van, but it's just referred to as 'the van' - it doesn't seem to mind.
Agreed
We've got..... "The Splitty", "The Cali", "The RS", "The Exige", "The Elise", "My Mini", "Your Mini". Just like you, none of them seem bothered!

We have the big van - the Cali and the little van - a Dinky Toy camper van

That's a lot of vehicles! We've got 'the van', & also 'the bikes'. But we do have a little boat (inflatable) which is called 'Notatoy', because my father-in-law (its previous owner) used to say 'It's not a toy!'.
Agreed
We've got..... "The Splitty", "The Cali", "The RS", "The Exige", "The Elise", "My Mini", "Your Mini". Just like you, none of them seem bothered!

That's a lot of vehicles! We've got 'the van', & also 'the bikes'. But we do have a little boat (inflatable) which is called 'Notatoy', because my father-in-law (its previous owner) used to say 'It's not a toy!'.
The Splitty, RS and both Mini's are classic cars so tax exempt and classic car insurance, but yes. A "lot of cars". Just as my mother in law constantly reminds me ;)

Our daughter (who is now 28!) names all of our cars, as well as her own. She named our Cali “Daisy”. We’ve only had her a week and this photo is our first camping trip.

994D6427-F95A-4B67-B6D3-A565AD784B52.jpeg

Agreed

The Rs bit got me ...you got some nice motors there by the sound of it .....mine go by the name the defender the green defender the ktm the t5 and the camper ...then there’s the beta the Santa Cruz the kona and the shotgun:) :)

Cornelius Caliwomple the fifth (using Roman numeral V vividly in your mind as it doubles up with van )

Our new Van is delivered (fingers crossed) on Friday ready for 1st, we have called him Lui in memory of my wife's late father. Our last van was called Skippy as the first place we visited in her was Skipton. Denise the first name for your new van could be Simon as Simon Calder the journalist travels a lot.

Colin Coliwomple obvs.....Col Col once you know each other properly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk