Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

National Tyres - cautionary tale

B

benico

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
All - just a quick heads up for anyone in the market for new tyres....

I had a couple of front tyres fitted at the Poole National Tyres branch - when I looked at the invoice I queried a £7.50 per tyre "National Tyre Guarantee" charge as I paid - I was told that this was part of the standard fitting fee i.e. not optional. Checked on the website to read that it is actually a optional extra - I phoned the garage again to and they insisted that this wasn't the case - I thne called the Natioan number and they agreed that it was a "extra" - I had to phone the complaints dept for a refund. To be fair as soon as I explained to the complaints dept they were very quick to refund the money - but suggest anybody buying tyres should check - the invove they give you is very "busy" so its is easy to miss.

Should also say that while on the NT website I put in the trye details and was anoyed to find that the same tyre, fitted at the same branch was about £10 cheaper if you book online - so rather than phone the branch for a price suggest you go via the website (though again to befair - when I moaned about this they refunded me the difference).

Ben

Not used them in some years as their prices are usually ridiculous.
I wouldn't be using that branch again if I was you.