Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NC500 In September

Not the NC500 but the Cairngorms today giving a taste of how everyone has a desire to get away from it all??

1618662688902.png

Did the NC500 a few year ago with the lads, amazing place and were planning to go up later this year in the van. Very dubious and may leave it for a bit as no fun if it's too busy.

20180428_144504.jpg

dji1525034876473.jpg

I think that depends primarily on whether the Westminster and/or Scottish governments want to maintain a restriction on movements between regions by that point. The SG may remain under political pressure from Scots living in rural areas to head off a sudden rush of tourists into the most popular destinations.

It's important to note that for a lot of people living around the NC500 route, campervans/MHs don't actually bring that much money or other benefit into communities - campers don't eat in restaurants so much and tend to stock up in the supermarkets in Inverness and Fort William. And the traffic causes locals a lot of annoyance. So some may be happy to keep things quiet on the NC500 for as long as they can.

But how they would keep the NC500 'closed' is hard to anticipate. I guess the government(s) could re-frame restriction-of-movement laws to prevent inter-regional travel without excuse, and/or put out strong guidance deterring, and/or keep key infrastructure constrained eg keep campsites closed.

Very hard to call from this point, I would say.
On our travels we do tend to patronise local businesses. We will continue to do this on our forthcoming Cali adventures. What better than to sample local produce, cuisine, and PUBS :)