Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Net pockets fitted to rear of front seat bases?

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Anyone know where i can buy the net pockets to fit on the rear of the seat bases? Ive seen them in a couple of photos, looks like a handy storage option for a few small items.

Anyone know where i can buy the net pockets to fit on the rear of the seat bases? Ive seen them in a couple of photos, looks like a handy storage option for a few small items.
ebay. type in motorhome storage net. but check the sizes you want .

Mudstuff nets

I believe these are pretty good and they fit the space available. I was going to order some...

Arrived today

Not yet fitted but are just the right size and good use of a dead space. Well made and decent quality.

Just need to decide what to put in it now!image.jpg

Good afternoon,

I wonder how those nets to install? I am sure they won't just screwed on (plastic cover are to thin).

Regards,
Eberhard

Yes they come with a set of fairly chunky black screws...could always glue some plastic spacers on the back to make the plastic a bit thicker.

I did think that but it’s only and easily changed bit of trim.

The plastic parts are very cheap to replace if you change your mind, just be careful not to use screws that are too long.

I once looked at some that were much smaller and held a pack of wet wipes and other such things in the recess. You just drilled at least two holes and then push fitted the bungee cord and in and hey presto!

I once looked at some that were much smaller and held a pack of wet wipes and other such things in the recess. You just drilled at least two holes and then push fitted the bungee cord and in and hey presto!
Auberg-ine bungee storage.jpg
Just drill 4 holes in the corners of the niche , and bungee through with knot at the back. I keep my window shades there. Why being scared of some holes? If you plan to resell the van, the next guy will appreciate these handy improvements, no? At least if it's done properly.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

I wonder how those nets to install? I am sure they won't just screwed on (plastic cover are to thin).

Regards,
Eberhard
Pop rivets will do a neat job
You can get them in black finish, so they will blend In

The Mudstuff web page states that fixings are not supplied.

I assume black self-tapping screws for plastic are needed.

Does anybody know what size?

Thanks

The Mudstuff web page states that fixings are not supplied.

I assume black self-tapping screws for plastic are needed.

Does anybody know what size?

Thanks
Mine just arrived today - with a packet of black screws - seem pretty straightforward

Mine just arrived today - with a packet of black screws - seem pretty straightforward

@CALI FATE Did you fit these? Is there anything behind the screws in the seat base to be avoided when screwing them on?

When I did mine, if I recall the rear seat base just pulls off so you can check what’s behind and drill on the workbench.
I've just fitted mine, using my own short self-tapping screws for the four holes on the left and right, and I used the longer (provided) screw in the bottom middle hole. Once you put the hole cover caps on it looks great!

Simon

Thanks for the great idea. The ones from mud uk are good quality and received in the post v quick.
I received screws with them although advertised as not included. Only prob I had was the heat generated when shortening the screws with a dremmel (once tightened up ).. i learn.. slowly
Cheers.
3dfa2d99e5736105db7139fc56a437d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back