Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 6.1 Cali Beach Tour Owner

J

JamesH_UK

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Morning everyone.

New member here based down in Sussex. Have just purchased a new 6.1 Cali beach tour. Ideally wanted an Ocean but with a family of 5 (this will be my daily driver) and needing a new vehicle immediately (Landrover discovery 3 snapped a crank last week) I’ve taken the plunge on a vehicle that my local dealer (Eurovans in Crawley) had in stock for immediate delivery.

The spec is pretty nice but not 100% what I’d have ordered - ie it doesn’t have LED headlights, digital dash or the discover pro Nav which I really wanted. But for now it’s more than adequate.

It does have parking sensors, rear camera, 7 seat option, ‘panoramic’ front roof opening, extended bed, heated seats, wood style floor, twin sliding doors, 17” alloys, light and vision pack.

Also have a 5 year warranty and first teo services included in the deal.

I’ll likely purchase a slidepod style rear pull-out kitchen once every got used to the new Cali. Anyone have one for sale??

Will share photos once I pick it up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Superb. I hope you and yours have very many adventures in he/she/it.

Of the three options missing on your van: LED headlights, digital dash and discover pro Nav, it's only the LEDs that I would miss. A VW Assist chap recently told me that the digital dash has been problematical and has regularly presented problems. Hopefully VW will iron out any issues in due course but for the time being what's wrong with the conventional tried and tested dash? Answer : Nothing. As for the Discovery Pro Navigation, my dealer recently said that he no longer includes it on their demo vans because these days most people prefer using their mobiles. No it's the LEDs that I would miss. Having said that, whilst the standard headlights on the T6 were abysmal I'm sure they have since been upgraded on the T6-1. If they haven't then VW need a jolly good kick up the @r$€.

Morning everyone.

New member here based down in Sussex. Have just purchased a new 6.1 Cali beach tour. Ideally wanted an Ocean but with a family of 5 (this will be my daily driver) and needing a new vehicle immediately (Landrover discovery 3 snapped a crank last week) I’ve taken the plunge on a vehicle that my local dealer (Eurovans in Crawley) had in stock for immediate delivery.

The spec is pretty nice but not 100% what I’d have ordered - ie it doesn’t have LED headlights, digital dash or the discover pro Nav which I really wanted. But for now it’s more than adequate.

It does have parking sensors, rear camera, 7 seat option, ‘panoramic’ front roof opening, extended bed, heated seats, wood style floor, twin sliding doors, 17” alloys, light and vision pack.

I’ll likely purchase a slidepod style rear pull-out kitchen once every got used to the new Cali. Anyone have one for sale??

Great choice! Look forward to some pics

The van basically looks like this….

8d42a24cad5eb24b4461821521dc9a2a.png

Anyone have any recommendations on removable towbar a as well - I may need to tow a trailer for my classic motorbike(s) at some point..

Anyone have any recommendations on removable towbar a as well - I may need to tow a trailer for my classic motorbike(s) at some point..

Plenty of threads to search

depends on where in the U.K. you are for fitting,? but genuine OEM westfalia removable is popular.

Morning everyone.

Looking forward to some photos congrats

Anyone know when I can start replying to threads in the ‘for sale’ section or sending PM’s??

Welcome! I had a 6.1 Beach but have now replaced it with 6.1 Coast 4motion, Beach great bus…but only one child and sadly I didnt buy the right spec (no plug in…too many extras I didnt want like adaptive cruise, digital dash, vw nav) and the wife wants inside cooker and fridge.

Often in your area, maybe see you at Goodwood revival?

Anyone know when I can start replying to threads in the ‘for sale’ section or sending PM’s??

I believe you need to be a vip member for those features, 15 Great British pounds for the whole year with loads of discounts #bargain

I believe you need to be a vip member for those features, 15 Great British pounds for the whole year with loads of discounts #bargain

Excellent thanks - just upgraded.

Just collected her from the dealership. 20 mile drive home and wow they do drive beautifully (at least compared to what I was expecting)..

afa49f85715aa7ebfc1bfd08c1a397c8.jpg

d29b0524076c5400ebd8ad74aa386c50.jpg

Just collected her from the dealership. 20 mile drive home and wow they do drive beautifully (at least compared to what I was expecting)..

afa49f85715aa7ebfc1bfd08c1a397c8.jpg

d29b0524076c5400ebd8ad74aa386c50.jpg

Cool pics :)

Morning everyone.

All those options you mentioned can be retrofitted to VW standard if you really want/need them.
VW use this company.

All those options you mentioned can be retrofitted to VW standard if you really want/need them.
VW use this company.

Thanks for the link - they certainly seem to know their stuff.

Having now used the car and the ‘traditional’ dash I think the only upgrade I may go for is a 9” alpine head unit, or a better VW head unit (have to admit the VW upgrade path isn't that clear to me) and a weetfalia OE tow bar.

Drove on an unlit A road yesterday evening and the stock H7 headlights seemed more than adequate; so again I’ll think long an hard before throwing £3.5k at LED headlights..

Absolut5 are good for non-VW Audio / Nav upgrades. Then you can have wireless carplay and use Waze for Satnav so maps are updated instantly, rather than waiting/paying for new map download.

Thanks for the link - they certainly seem to know their stuff.

Having now used the car and the ‘traditional’ dash I think the only upgrade I may go for is a 9” alpine head unit, or a better VW head unit (have to admit the VW upgrade path isn't that clear to me) and a weetfalia OE tow bar.

Drove on an unlit A road yesterday evening and the stock H7 headlights seemed more than adequate; so again I’ll think long an hard before throwing £3.5k at LED headlights..

If they now have H7s as standard then they should be just fine. I had H7s on our previous T5 SE, albeit in a different design of headlight and they were very good. However the standard headlights on the T6 Beach were H4s which were dire. So perhaps VW do listen to owners concerns!

Lovely van btw.

How is long last you leisure battery? I am beach tour 6.1 and is each occasion I enter, I am greet 2 message - 2nd battery low.
Tour is not charge point same is camping model is having.
I think difficulties come this leisure battery soon expire and must warranty claim Vw will be interesting situation.