Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New alloys / tyres ?

Jaydub

Jaydub

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
About to buy a set of 18" alloy wheels,would have preferred 17"s but can't find the design I like in that size.Will the standard space saver still be ok for emergencies ? And what tyres are you using on your 18"s ? Any all season options worth considering ?

Hi....

Your standard spare will still be ok to use on the California.

VW recommend a 235/50/18 101Y XL tyre, but you can also put a 255/45/18 on it aswell.

Hope this helps from a VW side

Hi we are. Looking at changing ours too, vw quote £319 fitted but doesn't say whether tyres are included, we assume if fitted they are. Local dealer asked us why we were changing as they already had alloys on! Also looking at changing the front spoiler/grill but unless white black red or blue (ours is natural grey) it has to be booked in to paint shop and be sprayed.

Hi....

Your standard spare will still be ok to use on the California.

VW recommend a 235/50/18 101Y XL tyre, but you can also put a 255/45/18 on it aswell.

Hope this helps from a VW side

Don't mind me asking , are all these wheels and rubbers qualified to carry the load of the Cali .
I see on the forum many have big alu's and low profile rubbers ,....
Not that i'm gonne swap my nice "Wheels of Steel"
For recycled beercans , but worht thaking a notice.
Don't know if ther's is some info on in the technical part of the forum on whitch wheels can and should be ok for a Cali

Ps : Wheels of Steel .... Great song by...? Anyone ...:D

All the wheels we are looking at are load rated,so are the tyres. yes some people do just fit car wheels as you have more choice or second hand ones off eBay.Not trying to pimp my ride hence not fitting any thing bigger than the manufacture intended.

Don't mind me asking , are all these wheels and rubbers qualified to carry the load of the Cali .
I see on the forum many have big alu's and low profile rubbers ,....
Not that i'm gonne swap my nice "Wheels of Steel"
For recycled beercans , but worht thaking a notice.
Don't know if ther's is some info on in the technical part of the forum on whitch wheels can and should be ok for a Cali

Ps : Wheels of Steel .... Great song by...? Anyone ...:D

This wheels on Fire by Julie Driscoll and the Trinity

Last edited: