Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach arrived.

Bigfish6969uk

Bigfish6969uk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
353B0C31-312F-4DED-ACCE-047A864A828E.jpeg Our new Beach has arrived 4 months early(woohoo).
Absolutely over the moon, big cheesy grin every time i drive it, so now the important bit.....accessories. I have read through the forum many times getting tips on what to buy and what may just be a waste of money.We are not going down the route of having a slidepod as we thought we would due to lack of space and neither of us really want to cook(love pub food). Ive compiled a list of Got and To get, maybe with all your knowledge we can buy only the things needed.
Got
Cali topper
Bungee
Front Brandrup carpet, bought some carpet and cut out and edged the rear and boot ones
Really useful boxes to store all the stuff.
Collaps kettle, saucepan and washing bowl.
Cutlery and crockery.
Co2 detector.
Small stove.
Torches.
Bottle opener.
All bedding from our caravelle days.
Front external screen cover.
Dust pan and brush(for the wife)
To Get.
Awning tie downs.
240v hook up plus adaptor to charge from home.
Popaloo.
Awning lights?
Water carrier.
Fridge.
Table for awning.
Side and front panels for awning.

That’s about all i can think of but obviously i have missed some essential pieces off that i will only realise when we park up. So if anybody can think of anything else we would very much appreciate it.
Looking forward to our first trip to Wales or Somerset in march but hopefully get a couple of nights in before then.
Thanking you in advance.

Great looking Beach. I hope that you make many happy memories in it.

I always carry levelling chocks, you never know how flat your pitch will be.

Cheers

Steve

Ha ha cheers for that capt_steve. I knew i would forget things.

View attachment 29013 Our new Beach has arrived 4 months early(woohoo).
Absolutely over the moon, big cheesy grin every time i drive it, so now the important bit.....accessories. I have read through the forum many times getting tips on what to buy and what may just be a waste of money.We are not going down the route of having a slidepod as we thought we would due to lack of space and neither of us really want to cook(love pub food). Ive compiled a list of Got and To get, maybe with all your knowledge we can buy only the things needed.
Got
Cali topper
Bungee
Front Brandrup carpet, bought some carpet and cut out and edged the rear and boot ones
Cutlery and crockery.
Co2 detector.
Small stove.
Torches.
Bottle opener.
To Get.
Awning tie downs.
Popaloo.
Awning lights?
Water carrier.
Fridge.
Table for awning.

That’s about all i can think of but obviously i have missed some essential pieces off that i will only realise when we park up. So if anybody can think of anything else we would very much appreciate it.
Looking forward to our first trip to Wales or Somerset in march but hopefully get a couple of nights in before then.
Thanking you in advance.

Lovely!! Hope you enjoy your Beach, as much as we enjoy ours!!

Don't forget the essentials: BBQ, Burgers & Beers! You'll be all-set!!

A night or weekend away, will help establish what you need, and don't need..... This also changes over time.... Initially, we didn't think we'd cook much in ours, but it turns out we do.... We just use the gas camp stove on top of the table.... We have a Waeco CD-11 fridge between the front seats also.... The VanEssa Window bags hold our clothes and towels etc.... We more often use an external silver-screen, as opposed to the internal curtains provided.... Less condensation and quicker to mount/un-mount IMO.

I like the idea of what you've done for rear carpets? Don't suppose you have a template? Oh, is it 2-seat or 3-seat rear bench seat? Ours is 3-seat.

ENJOY!!

:cheers

Last edited:
bbq beers and burgers? hey that's my line!. love the van. looking cool as f...

Great stuff , as for Bbq and beer ....not my cup of tea , burgers yes !

Gin ....now we are talking !

View attachment 29013 Our new Beach has arrived 4 months early(woohoo).
Got
Cali topper
Bungee
Cutlery and crockery.
Co2 detector.
Small stove.
Torches.
Bottle opener.
To Get.
Awning tie downs.
Popaloo.
Awning lights?
Water carrier.
Fridge.
Table for awning.

Thanking you in advance.

I always stay where there is a electric hook up so use a low power travel kettle and a single induction hop. Pans with removable handles take up less space. I cook outside if weather OK but have used induction hop on table inside. I found in September I needed a fan heater. Don't forget to pack a cork screw. Dust pan and brush was useful when a neighbour droped a glass bottle on the road. You can fit 2 x 1lt water bottles in space under window.

Lovely!! Hope you enjoy your Beach, as much as we enjoy ours!!

Don't forget the essentials: BBQ, Burgers & Beers! You'll be all-set!!

A night or weekend away, will help establish what you need, and don't need..... This also changes over time.... Initially, we didn't think we'd cook much in ours, but it turns out we do.... We just use the gas camp stove on top of the table.... We have a Waeco CD-11 fridge between the front seats also.... The VanEssa Window bags hold our clothes and towels etc.... We more often use an external silver-screen, as opposed to the internal curtains provided.... Less condensation and quicker to mount/un-mount IMO.

I like the idea of what you've done for rear carpets? Don't suppose you have a template? Oh, is it 2-seat or 3-seat rear bench seat? Ours is 3-seat.

ENJOY!!

:cheers
Hi Johnathon
Haven’t got a template just told the wife how much they would cost online and off she went to our local carpet retailer, and left her for an hour in the van back up to carpet retailer for edging and ta daaaa!! Cost £45 and to be fair to her they look pukka. Got enough left to do another set when these ones have had it!
We put the 3 seater bench where it will always stay and is in place to drop for the bed and have completely covered the rails ( ones online had runners showing) but in our caravelle the runners got badly scratched and allowed stuff to fall into runner which caused our bed runner to lock up once ( random screw) hence covered runners in van and boot. Thanks for the info

Thanks for all the info guys will be checking to see how many bottles of peroni I can get in the Waco fridge and also the smallest bottle of milk . Thanks for the tip on the water bottles Barbara I had read that somewhere before but had forgotten it is now on the wife’s list so it won’t be forgotten

The only thing i can see missing is the YELLOW paint - book it in and join the baby puke club

The only thing i can see missing is the YELLOW paint - book it in and join the baby puke club[/

Funny you should say that...... I love yellow vans but the wife would of took some persuading. I’m drawn to them every VW show we go to.

Sorry bvddobb only just read the post you linked, i picked my van up November 29th so think i got lucky.

Nice Cali. You list a CO2 detector.........surely you mean CO??

Hi Johnathon
Haven’t got a template just told the wife how much they would cost online and off she went to our local carpet retailer, and left her for an hour in the van back up to carpet retailer for edging and ta daaaa!! Cost £45 and to be fair to her they look pukka. Got enough left to do another set when these ones have had it!
We put the 3 seater bench where it will always stay and is in place to drop for the bed and have completely covered the rails ( ones online had runners showing) but in our caravelle the runners got badly scratched and allowed stuff to fall into runner which caused our bed runner to lock up once ( random screw) hence covered runners in van and boot. Thanks for the info

Great. Might try that, I cut a rug to suit myself, but would like to attempt or have completed for me, a better job next time.

I agree that covering the runners is preferable. We leave our bench seat back, again the Multi-Flex, then just roll the rug forward when we need to move the bench forward to allow bed-mode. Works fine for us.

Our shaggy rug was only £28, and has lasted a year.... but time for a replacement now after 104x nights away in the van last year. Not bad value at that I suppose.

View attachment 29013

Thanking you in advance.

One of our best buys was an Ortlieb collapsable bucket - good for washing up trips as it has handles and can carry all our pots and pans from a meal for two over to the washing up point. A certain Swedish furniture shop sells a cheap collapsable set of clothes pegs on a rack that hangs nicely from the rear door strap or inside the awning - good for hanging out wet cycle kit. Lastly I had thought a spirit level would be handy when setting up our levelling blocks, but then found the compass app on my phone already has this feature.

Hi There,did it come with a matress for the lower bed? or did you have to add that as an extra? We have a new Beach and it has no mattress..wondering which one to get? Thanks

Brandrup ISOTOP internal liner is well worth considering. It will transform your van. It makes it warmer, darker, draught free and dry......and once fitted never has to be touched again. Whilst expensive it's worth every penny.

You mention torches. I recommend you invest in good quality head torches. When setting up camp in the dark you really need both hands free.