Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach Ordered

J

jonnyboy

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Looking to upgrade from the Kombi to a Beach to get 7 seats and camping capability, ordered yesterday:

Beach with 150PS DSG
Blackberry paint
3 seat bench
2 additional seats
Discover Nav plus
Comfort Mattress
Sports MFSW with paddles
Comfort Dash
Park and Aux Heater w/ Remote
Laminated Privacy Glass
Interior Concept Lights
LED head and tail lights
Fog lights and cornering
Adaptive Cruise
80l fuel tank
Additional sliding window
Lights and Vison pack
All weather tyres
Removeable Towbar

Coming next spring so have time to save up!!

Looking to upgrade from the Kombi to a Beach to get 7 seats and camping capability, ordered yesterday:

Beach with 150PS DSG
Blackberry paint
3 seat bench
2 additional seats
Discover Nav plus
Comfort Mattress
Sports MFSW with paddles
Comfort Dash
Laminated Privacy Glass
Interior Concept Lights
LED head and tail lights
Fog lights and cornering
Adaptive Cruise
80l fuel tank
Lights and Vison pack
All weather tyres
Removeable Towbar

Have you thought about having parking sensors?

Oops, yes Alied, they were on the order (with the reversing camera). Typing error

Oops, yes Alied, they were on the order (with the reversing camera). Typing error

I have a Beach on order with similar options to you but instead of navigation I went for App Connect so that I can use Google Maps. Plus the bonus of Google Maps is that you can download map areas offline in case you have no mobile reception in the places you plan to visit.

Good stuff Alied. The Discover Nav plus includes App Connect. I have it on my Kombi but, personally, prefer the VW system as you get the directions on the instrument panel rather than having any annoying voice. Only got the "plus" with App Connect as my wife prefers that interface...

And can you get Google Maps through App Connect. I thought Apple limited it to Apple Maps...?

I skipped the built-in Nav too - I thought it was too expensive and other options took priority.

A new version of Android Auto was released yesterday that allows the app to run standalone (i.e. not connected to a suitable head unit). It should give a good idea of how it would work when the phone is connected.

It should hit the Play Store in the next few days.

Good stuff Alied. The Discover Nav plus includes App Connect. I have it on my Kombi but, personally, prefer the VW system as you get the directions on the instrument panel rather than having any annoying voice. Only got the "plus" with App Connect as my wife prefers that interface...

And can you get Google Maps through App Connect. I thought Apple limited it to Apple Maps...?

Sorry I don't know about that as I'm on Android.

Yes you need to download Android Auto

Was told yesterday April/May which is why I was ordering now. However this morning was told we might have a cancelation slot in January?February

Beach with 150PS DSG
Blackberry paint
3 seat bench
2 additional seats
Discover Nav plus
Comfort Mattress
Sports MFSW with paddles
Comfort Dash
Laminated Privacy Glass
Interior Concept Lights
LED head and tail lights
Fog lights and cornering
Adaptive Cruise
80l fuel tank
Lights and Vison pack
All weather tyres
Removeable Towbar

Hi Jonnyboy
Looks like exact spec I am looking for who did you order from and did you manage to get a discount... so far anything that was in stock seems to being going really quick and otter than a 3 percent price hike in December I am struggling to see any discounts .....

Thanks
M

Hi @MKRW,

I have ordered a very similar spec to @jonnyboy - even the same colour- and went through Guy Vincent at Lancashire VW - decent discount and great service (although he can't do much about the price increase).

@jonnyboy - what is your current build date. Ours was meant to be spring but then told it could be February!

I would add full climate control

I can fully recommend the built in heater. Funny German name lol? But it's great for when you park up

Hi @MKRW,

I have ordered a very similar spec to @jonnyboy - even the same colour- and went through Guy Vincent at Lancashire VW - decent discount and great service (although he can't do much about the price increase).

@jonnyboy - what is your current build date. Ours was meant to be spring but then told it could be February!

Hi Johno

We're also with Guy at Lancashire - knows his stuff and well recommended here

Was originally told April/May (which is why I ordered it now) but he called back and said we seem to have dropped into a January slot, maybe a cancellation . So we get it earlier and miss the Road Tax hike

@jonnyboy - thanks for the response. Exciting! I spoke to Guy today and he said the same - we are just waiting confirmation of late Feb / early March. Apparently he has found this with a couple of Beaches (not Oceans).

Would be great to miss that tax hike!

:thumb

@jonnyboy - thanks for the response. Exciting! I spoke to Guy today and he said the same - we are just waiting confirmation of late Feb / early March. Apparently he has found this with a couple of Beaches (not Oceans).

Would be great to miss that tax hike!

:thumb

I also have a Beach on order with Guy. It was ordered on the 2nd September and it went to provisional build of week 4. It now has gone to a confirmed build of week 51.

Seems the Beach is built on the its way to be shipped, here mid/late Jan. Just need to sell the Kombi now to pay for it... :)

Congrats Jonny.

Been trying to get an update on my Beach. Last I heard it was unconfirmed week3. I think most of VWCC are on their Xmas break as I can't get through.

Seems the Beach is built on the its way to be shipped, here mid/late Jan. Just need to sell the Kombi now to pay for it... :)

I spoke to VWCS yesterday and my Beach is at the port of exit. Was told the same time as you jonnyboy.

I spoke to VWCS yesterday and my Beach is at the port of exit. Was told the same time as you jonnyboy.

SNAP! I spoke to VWCS yesterday also..... My Beach is also at Port of Exit, according to them. My previous update was a confirmed build week of, 5th December. :cheers

ps. ordered early September.

SNAP! I spoke to VWCS yesterday also..... My Beach is also at Port of Exit, according to them. My previous update was a confirmed build week of, 5th December. :cheers

Same build week as me.

Spoke to Guy at Preston today and told me my Beach should be ready to collect on the 12th Jan.