Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New beach owner - introducing "daisy"

jackelliemolly

jackelliemolly

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi. Thanks for all the useful stuff and i will join vip shortly. Collect our new 7 seat beach in acapulco blue on 11th march. (new plates old tax system). Already planning long weekends and trips in uk this year. Children (6+5) very excited. (Must order fitted waterproof double sheet on top bed!). Hired a rental for a few days as this will also be better half's main m1 commute car. Had great delight in the insurance will they? won't they? game! (one for insurance thread - but its a car apparently!) can't wait to pick up and play before buying anything (apart from a bungee). Thanks again for all the help on this great forum. Ps better half wanted grape yellow hence daisy. But none available anywhere in 7 seat hence the showroom model and (i prefer) blue. Still getting called daisy though!

20170216_153220.jpg

Great stuff , welcome!

Brilliant, welcome.

Insurance and the Beach - is it a car, is it a camper? They can't decide; so frustrating.

Hello and welcome to Daisy.

Mike

:welcome Counting down the days. Good luck with sorting Insurance and all the other last minute stuff.

Same colour as mine enjoy your new beach. Hope you have some great trips

Go Daisy Go! Welcome - :thumb:welcome

Hello and enjoy!

Collected from SMG tonbridge yesterday. Very happy wife. Daily drive on M1 also so will enjoy the clear view over the orher cars. Matt Weller very good to deal with. Thanks to the forum I had one or two questions before and after order!

20170311_142359.jpg

I never had any issues so far, who are you with?
Axa motorhome insurance via Adrian Flux.
It seems that the Beach falls between the gaps with some companies, even AF acknowledged some Motorhome insurers don't class it as such and won't cover, whereas some regular insurers find out you sleep in it (?) and won't either...
Online providers vary, but I'm not convinced they know what they are covering.
Added to which I am self-employed and needed business cover £££ extra...
The motorhome cover has lots of extras for contents, camping stuff, etc. which is extra reassurance.

Hmm I had very bad experiences with Adrian flux and never even considered them for my Beach. I went with LV and there was no real issues. However renewal is soon so I will see how that goes. :)

In fact just got home to renewal £380 fully comp inc business use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm I had very bad experiences with Adrian flux and never even considered them for my Beach. I went with LV and there was no real issues. However renewal is soon so I will see how that goes. :)
Hi,
Do you mind if I ask what issues you had with ourselves?
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,
Do you mind if I ask what issues you had with ourselves?
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan,

I had a van restored quite extensively and needed to update the agreed value. I sent the requested photos in several times but it was never updated and on asking for an update I was asked for photos again.

In the end i let it lapse and went elsewhere. I may have just been unlucky but it was very frustrating.

Thanks,

Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk