Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach Owner

M

mabell1980

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Had a great afternoon picking up our beach with the family.

Having committed to a family SUV pre lockdown, I changed my mind since being at home and managed to cancel my order. I had a real urge to get out, explore more and broaden our horizons. I hunted for weeks and having done lots of research (with the help of this site) during lockdown and talking to dealers, I found one at SMG, great dealership. I went for a 2 seat bench option in Acapulco Blue with as many options as I could find knowing we probably won’t be seeing many more like it. I’ve just got to figure out how to use it now!

I definitely will need some seat covers though ,the kids were all over it during the handover (as you’d expect)!

Congratulations. You've picked a superb vehicle.

SMG are also a great bunch who really know their stuff where the California is concerned. :thumb

Thanks Borris. I read your comments in other threads about the decreasing number of beaches with good options. I didn’t want the hassle of retrofitting a lot of options but everyone is different.

At this point I’m not looking to add stuff but I do want to protect it where possible. I’ve been looking at the seat covers which I will invest in (probably the brandrup second skins) but i don’t see anything to protect the cushion that sits on the storage next to the bench seat. I’ll keep browsing the shop and look through the threads.

Congratulations @mabell1980 . Wishing you many adventures.

On the cover for the side bench, I have seen some who have just wrapped an IKEA throw over it. You can use any sheet and just wrap it around the lid. Not seen a cover for it though .... but I am sure someone who has a beach will come along to advise.

Another option is - if you are not looking for fitted covers, check out Jackyards who can stitch one up for you.

Welcome. We are Acapulco blue too. Great colour. Hope to see you around the south coast. Give us a wave

:welcome
i bought a cover for the cushion / mattress in my Ocean from the club shop. Not sure if that’s the one you mean.