Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach owner

Declan333

Declan333

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,
After 30 years of driving a VW T2, that has been in the family since new for 50 years, I have finally bought a Starlight Blue Beach on a 19 plate. I was one of those who bought it straight away after the dealers reopened.
I tried to buy one from VW Liverpool but someone put a deposit down while I was still discussing price. I then found an identical model in the VW van centre Lancashire and put a deposit down immediately. Due to the strict lockdown up here in Scotland, I had the van delivered direct to my home last week. We've had a few local trips trips out in it already but we are eager to take it further.
The old T2 campervan is in a garage getting a 50 year mechanical and bodywork makeover. When its back it will be kept safely in my garage and used for local journeys only. It managed the NC500 three years ago (just) but was a struggle. I'm looking forward to being able to tackle longer journeys in the Beach.

Welcome to the Beach Club Declan,
You've bought a fantastic vehicle just in the nick of time. I hope you generate many happy memories in your new van. :thumb

Welcome. I had a T2, knowing you will arrive in a fraction of the time is good feeling.

Hi,
After 30 years of driving a VW T2, that has been in the family since new for 50 years, I have finally bought a Starlight Blue Beach on a 19 plate. I was one of those who bought it straight away after the dealers reopened.
I tried to buy one from VW Liverpool but someone put a deposit down while I was still discussing price. I then found an identical model in the VW van centre Lancashire and put a deposit down immediately. Due to the strict lockdown up here in Scotland, I had the van delivered direct to my home last week. We've had a few local trips trips out in it already but we are eager to take it further.
The old T2 campervan is in a garage getting a 50 year mechanical and bodywork makeover. When its back it will be kept safely in my garage and used for local journeys only. It managed the NC500 three years ago (just) but was a struggle. I'm looking forward to being able to tackle longer journeys in the Beach.
:welcome:welcome to the ever increasing Beach club we wish you many happy adventures.

:welcome Declan

The T6 will spoil the T2 experience. ( in a good way)

I love the T2, I had a Devon 4 berth, I did many trips to south west and had some unforgettable times in it, but you cannot beat the comfort and safety of the T6
and no being overtaken by lorries on inclines ;)

Enjoy and post some photos (both T6 & T2)

Welcome and seems like the Beach is the "Van du Jour". Hope you have as great a time with yours as I'm planning to have with mine. Four weeks in and looking forward to the adventures