Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Boy, New Beach

T

tritone30

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have just collected my gleaming new Beach (last Thursday) , and have been plowing thru the various books and manuals looking for anything relating to voice control. When selecting this option on my radio a message advises that this option can be activated with a code obtained from my dealer. As I didn't specify this option on my original order can it be supplied retrospectively? (For money, of course!)

Don't think so unless the music system is one of the upgraded models. If you specced CarPlay then holding your finger on the voice button triggers Siri.

Ours (collecting march) doesnt have voice activated. Dealer says vw need to release the codes but could be year or more then you would have to pay for it. If not factory ordered!!! Should be thrown in for free! Will also use app connect media thingy with smart phone so hope the tip re it activating siri is sound.

Lots of threads on retrofitting CarPlay etc, but no answers yet ...

VW did release part no.s for the Golf so there is hope, but it's seemingly fallen into the cracks between VW Cars vs Commercial - one day they'll get their act together, but I'm not holding my breath.