Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New cali and tinted windows

C

Crisvb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
After three months of waiting we finally got our very much desired cali! I'd like to thank you for sharing so many useful things here, since it's made our lives much easier throughout the whole process of decisions (and impatient wait). ☺
We are getting the windows tinted next week, and I'm a bit worried about them darkening the inside too much. Has anyone found this an issue after having them done? Any chance you have some pictures which show the results from the inside? I don't want to regret having tinted them when it's too late!

Thanks in advance!

If you already have privacy glass you need to be very careful as you will end up with mismatched shaded due to the glass behind the wardrobe. There are are some examples and it looks awful

Totally agree with @Victor here. And if you have double glas it will also look strange and very defferent from the singleglas. Try to search the forum. There are some pictures in other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We didn't order privacy glass because it was way too clear for us. I have already searched and I am aware of the difference between the double and single-glazed looks and I am ok with it. I've seen some calis on the road and the difference doesn't look as huge as in some pictures to me. My main concern is the result from the inside due to the loss of light. All the pictures I found were of the outside looks (maybe I didn't search well enough).

Thanks for you reply!☺

I have 20% on the side windows and 10% on the rear on top of the tinted glass option. Very happy with the 20% level of privacy and don’t find it too dark. The rear is very dark. If doing again I’d go 20% all round. Though I do like it that those following can’t see who or what is in the van.

A8071B66-0480-40B6-8777-34303130F8D8.jpeg

Back