Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali on the way — spare wheel as standard

maxandcali

maxandcali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello!

New California Ocean 150PS DSG on routed from Germany at the moment.

Does anyone know if I can expect it to have a spare wheel or tyre repair kit? i.e. what comes as standard?

And if the former (a spare wheel), does anyone have any alternatives to the SpareSafe, which is sold out on the club shop?

Thanks,

Max

If 18" wheels ordered then no spare. Standard 17" wheels and any non standard (Cascavelle etc) 17" wheels come with a 17" steel spare

There is an alternative to the Sparesafe (on Ebay)which is similar but can be rotated with the bolt unlike the sparesafe which is the best solution available, If you don't like the bright red then simply repaint it.

There is an alternative to the Sparesafe (on Ebay)which is similar but can be rotated with the bolt unlike the sparesafe which is the best solution available, If you don't like the bright red then simply repaint it.

Thank you! Any idea what it's called?

Anyone know when the spare safe will be back in stock? I’ve been meaning to get one for a while now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something red hanging down says to me move on to another victim Mr stripy jumper.

Thank you! Any idea what it's called?
Haven't been able to find either type. Guess that they are all sold recently as I've seen quite a few people asking where to get one on other Forums. Spare wheels seem to be disappearing on a daily basis..

Haven't been able to find either type. Guess that they are all sold recently as I've seen quite a few people asking where to get one on other Forums. Spare wheels seem to be disappearing on a daily basis..
Sad business, you only seem to notice when you need it, then its too late. Unless you check the pressure regally.

Sad business, you only seem to notice when you need it, then its too late. Unless you check the pressure regally.

If you’re only doing a short journey - do you reckon (and is it easy to) take off the spare wheel and leave it at home, to avoid any potential aggro?

If you’re only doing a short journey - do you reckon (and is it easy to) take off the spare wheel and leave it at home, to avoid any potential aggro?
I took my spare out on my last visit to Chessington and it just stayed in the boot for about 6 months!

Thinking back to punctures they have mainly been on local runs.

My New Cali has a locking bolt on the spare, same type of key as per the wheels.

Hello!

New California Ocean 150PS DSG on routed from Germany at the moment.

Does anyone know if I can expect it to have a spare wheel or tyre repair kit? i.e. what comes as standard?

And if the former (a spare wheel), does anyone have any alternatives to the SpareSafe, which is sold out on the club shop?

Thanks,

Max
Mine has 17" alloy wheels and an alloy spare.

We have 17” Cascavel alloys on a 2018 Ocean Edition and didn’t get a spare: we just got a plasticy compressor and can of glop strapped to the inner side of the bench seat.

This is an inferior alternative to the sparesafe:

Any idea which of the bolt lengths is needed for the California - 53mm or 92mm?

Any idea which of the bolt lengths is needed for the California - 53mm or 92mm?

The width of a 17” spare needs the longer bolt whether you have a 215/60R17 tyre or the 235/55R17. Only the 16” spare will use the short one but they don’t fit Calis because the brake calipers are too large.

Last edited:
The width of a 17” spare needs the longer bolt whether you have a 215/60R17 tyre or the 235/55R17. Only the 16” spare will use the short one but they don’t fit Calis because the break calipers are too large.

Great, thanks so much.

Back