Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner

L

Langer

Just took the plunge. New SE 180 Bi Turbo,In metallic black. Had our first outing to Dorset and the Cotswolds. We love it. Just getting used to a routine and deciding what extras we need and how things work. Any tips suggestions would be appreciated. I think a roll out awning is the first thing to get for protection from the elements. Planning a 3 week trip from Santander up the west coast of France for next year. Does any one have any solutions for condensation build up on the windows? Hope to post some photos soon.
Best wishes to all.
Langer

Welcome!
We've done that trip twice now (me, wife, two young kids) and love it.

You can get thermal windscreen covers that help prevent condensation but they're a bit of a faff - we just wipe it off with an MF towel.

The things we've found handy are - seat covers, levelling ramps, a roof topper/cover (for heavy rain or very low temps) an outdoor cooker/burner and we always take a pop up tent for stashing things once we get there; unless free camping.

Welcome to Cali ownership.
You will find the condensation isn't as bad in the warmer months or the further south you go, we also use a micro fibre cloth.
Never wanted the big screen covers, internal or external, they will always be wet and will need drying out and then folding and then storing whilst still damp adding the potential for more moisture inside the Cali, some of them are massive.
Keep it simple, travel light :D

Ditto Kernow and Snowy.

Condensation is worse when cold outside and when you have more people on board.

We just get in the habit of leaving all the doors opens when we are packing up then finish off with a microfiber cloth. Also running the aircon helps when you start the engine.

Some people swear by thermal / outside screens, but IMHO it is just something else to carry, we have the more modern VW screens with magnets and we love them.

At the last cali meet in the new forest when it was cold and wet - I reckon it was roughly 50/50 VW screen covers vs 3rd party - the 3rd party ones were a varied bunch - there are loads of options.

T

More ventilation is the best remedy against condensation, more so then more isolation.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Thanks for the advise all micro fibre cloth it is then. I had the magnetic black outs supplied and they didn't get damp.
Cheers Dave

We use one of those little boxes of crystals placed on the little shelf above the radio. You just put new crystals in every once in a while. We do have thermal screens but have only used them once in February otherwise we use the magnetic ones. Have only used topper once as well and have camped every month except January.
Zebedee

Thanks Zebedee I got some crystals from B&Q today.
Dave