Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali pick up 140DSG Beach grey

L

Leemac74

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Finally picked up my 2.5k demo 140 DSG Cali beach yesterday from Peterborough van centre.

Big smile on my face all day yesterday and first impressions are pretty good with my new auto T5. I will post pics on a dry day ASAP.

Only gripe is small finger marks in roof lining above drivers and passengers head looking closely and the airbag trim on passenger side decided to flop out 10mm when I shut the glovebox when I got home so my first job was to book in warranty issue this am. Hopefully not a bad omen of build quality and I have had a T5 for 2 years without trouble.

I must say Chris Laland the salesman who sold me the van was very thorough and informative upon handover especially regarding the roof, it seemed like he knew all about the vehicle but since last week I've changed my mind a little on that, read below.

Thanks again to all people who have helped me on the forum, it's a pleasure to be part of the boards!

Last edited:
Lock nut for the ally's on ours was in the glove box. But ours was new, hope they haven't 'misplaced' yours that could be a bit of a ......

Nice to hear you got a big smile.....

Did you check the jack/toolbox behind the rear/ benchseat for the wheelnutbolt?

Can't see mine anywhere but have found another manual and service book etc in the back under the seats which is weird, all boxed up, also found the rear trim cover for the Jack is damaged with a snapped yellow clip.

Doh!

Last edited:
Your underwriting says T5 SE ....then you write ...Beach so....

In a Cali SE ( don't know in a Beach?) , there is a box mounted at the lower back on the bench seat . Acces thru the booth ....
Check the manual .
If yours is 2nd hand , don't know what the previous owner gave you with handover...

I'm so annoyed, my salesman told me there was no tool kit with the beach model.

I made a mistake upon handover and after asked where the locknut was for the alloys and was told it's usually in the ashtray and I asked there a tool for getting the wheel cap covers off and was told no such tool existed.

Turns out I have a Jack and triangle and first aid kit in the rear passenger side storage over wheel but no tool kit unless the tool kit is underneath the Jack? and surprise surprise the tool for cap extraction is in the tool kit along with 4 other items!

So much for knowledgable salesman!

Last edited:
And they gave me x2 handbooks for my vehicle, one stamped for an SE, my correct handbook and service schedule unstamped.

VW Peterborough need some basic training!

Tool kit found!

It's stowed under the Jack plastic housing with 5 items, including lock nut adaptor for wheels, all good.

Pain in the neck is new passenger dash airbag required to be fitted under warranty next week.