Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali

zerofour

zerofour

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Picked up our new Cali earlier in the week and spent yesterday checking everything out and getting used to where everything is and how it all works. I also fitted the seat covers which almost took half the day! We then managed a short trip along the coast with the kids to park up with a brew on and watch the sun set – I think we've fallen in love with the Cali already!

I have a quick question – we have a round sticker on the rear hatch (see below) that I'd like to remove but I'm unsure if it's a 'legal requirement' – does anyone here know?

We picked our new Cali up a couple of weeks ago and we've got one of those stickers too. It bugs me because it was not put on straight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a sticker for gas safety put on at the factory to comply with some Euro countries

If you look at it and think for a minute...
What could it be?

It says GAS
also a year
And a month

It means your gassystem proofing is ok until the date on the sticker
In this case 6/2019

It is an annoying fact for all those with OCD that those stickers never seem to be put on straight.

Out of interest when the date is reached on the sticker who does the gas check and replace the fittings? Is it VW dealer?

Thanks in advance.

I removed them from both our vans boiling water and peeled off

If you look at it and think for a minute...
What could it be?

It says GAS
also a year
And a month

It means your gassystem proofing is ok until the date on the sticker
In this case 6/2019
I'd realised that! My question was, is it a legal requirement to display it? I will add the date in my diary anyway.

Back