Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California 6.1 Driver Profile Selection option missing !?!

zippster

zippster

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all

I have a strange question to ask and I'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery..

so we took delivery of our new California 6.1 (150 DSG) Thursday night and its awesome.. so awesome in fact and better than I thought or imagined..

However initially when fiddling with the discovery media pro I stumbled across the drivers profile selection (eco, auto, normal , sport) and left it in normal.. now for the life of me I cannot find the options again.. we DONT have the button on the dash to change this and when I found it (my daughter witnessed it!) I found it in the screen..

I don't really plan to fiddle with it but more out of frustration id like to be able to find it again. can anyone tell me where is is in the system? as I've literally gone thru all menus and can no longer find it..

I did however perform some update (that I paid no attention to the notes) so *maybe* its removed that feature?

the manual suggest a button on the dash but I have no button, and also the manual suggests a button on the B pillar to disable the interior alarm monitoring but this doesn't exist also as its now on the computer also!

VW need to update there manuals .. is the only negative thing I have to say about our California experience so far!

Send help to :-

Andy..

Hi all

I have a strange question to ask and I'm hoping someone can put me out of my misery..

so we took delivery of our new California 6.1 (150 DSG) Thursday night and its awesome.. so awesome in fact and better than I thought or imagined..

However initially when fiddling with the discovery media pro I stumbled across the drivers profile selection (eco, auto, normal , sport) and left it in normal.. now for the life of me I cannot find the options again.. we DONT have the button on the dash to change this and when I found it (my daughter witnessed it!) I found it in the screen..

I don't really plan to fiddle with it but more out of frustration id like to be able to find it again. can anyone tell me where is is in the system? as I've literally gone thru all menus and can no longer find it..

I did however perform some update (that I paid no attention to the notes) so *maybe* its removed that feature?

the manual suggest a button on the dash but I have no button, and also the manual suggests a button on the B pillar to disable the interior alarm monitoring but this doesn't exist also as its now on the computer also!

VW need to update there manuals .. is the only negative thing I have to say about our California experience so far!

Andy..
Do you have the built in SatNav?

hey WelshGas yes we have the Discovery Media Pro (big touchscreen thing)

Could it be something in the SatNav setup, used to calculate journey times?
I don't have that unit so that's as far as I can go.

Did you spec the 'Drive select' and 'Dynamic chassis control' (£1,458)? That gives you:
Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC).3 Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) offers you a choice of three settings: Sport, Comfort or Normal. At the touch of a button, the system adjusts the damping, enabling you to adapt your California 6.1 to suit the road and your driving style.

Perhaps your update deleted this from the menu if you didn't spec it? Strange that you did see it once though!

@66tim99 no I didn't spec that option, but yes starting to think the update removed that option as I cannot find it anymore but it did exist at one point .. (I'm not going mad ! :)

I think ill conclude its the update. good job I didn't fiddle and switch it to sport or something ..

Hi all

Andy..
Thought I’d seen something on YouTube by California Chris saying that on MY21 Californias, Sport Mode was no longer available on the DSG?

Thought I’d seen something on YouTube by California Chris saying that on MY21 Californias, Sport Mode was no longer available on the DSG?

He did.
He also said on his latest video re the alarm button for instance that the specs haven't actually changed just the buttons disappeared. It could be the sport mode is still there just controlled from the dashboard settings.

I can confirm there is no alarm button on a B pillar, and also there is no pulling down on the gear stick to engage 'S' mode .. but I did find eco, sport,normal driver modes. .. but not anymore..

also I was able to create a nice favourite button on the computer to turn on and off the interior alarm sensors, ill take a picture and upload later. much better as you can see on / off instead of wondering if you pressed the button or not :) .. lots of nice new little touches.

also I was able to create a nice favourite button on the computer to turn on and off the interior alarm sensors, ill take a picture and upload later. much better as you can see on / off instead of wondering if you pressed the button or not :) .. lots of nice new little touches.
Oohh, this sounds good...

Hi all

Andy..
We are all new to this but also just got a new 6.1. We didn’t think it had the driver profile but we found today a button on front dash with a car and a squiggly line. This gave us the options for driver profile.
This might not help but just in case, I thought I’d mention this button. The garage didn’t cover all the things so we are discovering it ourselves.

Could we have a photo please?

I don't have a button, but I HAD the option via the software at one point .

Be t6.1 driver pro
I don't have a button, but I HAD the option via the software at one point .
Me too. Input a 6 digit PIN. Mind you I’ve disabled it. Couldn’t be bothered to input it every time I got into the car.

Could we have a photo please?
I am attaching it now but my husband described it as I did - a car and a squiggly line. That is not right!! When I went to check it is actually a button saying mode. We didn’t spec ours so do not actually know yet what it has. (Apart from the obvious) I don’t the the garage knew either

4BB6B96B-5380-4130-8AE7-559AD579650D.jpeg

I am attaching it now but my husband described it as I did - a car and a squiggly line. That is not right!! When I went to check it is actually a button saying mode. We didn’t spec ours so do not actually know yet what it has. (Apart from the obvious) I don’t the the garage knew either

View attachment 69476
Is that the Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) option? I haven't heard much about it but understand sport setting is useful for reducing body roll on windy roads.
I see it gives - sport, comfort, normal driving modes. When you press it, you say it takes you to Driver Profile. Is that so you can build a profile for particular drivers (like some cars with electric seat settings) perhaps, including the chassis setting?

Is that the Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) option? I haven't heard much about it but understand sport setting is useful for reducing body roll on windy roads.
I see it gives - sport, comfort, normal driving modes. When you press it, you say it takes you to Driver Profile. Is that so you can build a profile for particular drivers (like some cars with electric seat settings) perhaps, including the chassis setting?
Hi yes it is DCC

FC2934EE-5628-4721-A309-849CB89CB853.jpeg

Be interested to hear how much difference the settings make, and how useful it is. I’ve been thinking about fitting STX coilovers (and maybe anti-roll bars -£600 for a 6.1!) to improve the ride, and have wondered if the DCC would have been a better alternative...

Be interested to hear how much difference the settings make, and how useful it is. I’ve been thinking about fitting STX coilovers (and maybe anti-roll bars -£600 for a 6.1!) to improve the ride, and have wondered if the DCC would have been a better alternative...
Yes the settings do make a big difference

Yes the settings do make a big difference
The 6.1 is a big upgrade from the 6 in my opinion

Well I’ve finally found it! (I’m not cracking up!) Is this a bug/left over or does it actually do something? Seems a strange place to put the option under ACC??

Attachments

• 011C73EA-1E7C-4B54-B596-6AFCB4882BDE.jpeg
    011C73EA-1E7C-4B54-B596-6AFCB4882BDE.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 79
Well I’ve finally found it! (I’m not cracking up!) Is this a bug/left over or does it actually do something? Seems a strange place to put the option under ACC??
That’s a different menu to the one in the photo above. Also, isn’t there a button on the dash to scroll through the DCC settings?

That’s a different menu to the one in the photo above. Also, isn’t there a button on the dash to scroll through the DCC settings?
If its under the ACC settings doesn't it affect how quick the van responds when the vehicle in front accelerates away from you or you hit the resume button.
I had it on a 911 - the eco mode left in plodding in the gear it was in eventually getting up to speed, sport meant hold on to your hat as you are about to be launched.

Not this was my original post, when I picked up the car i found a drivers select profile thing in the discovery pro(I have no button!), then after an update it disappeared.. I found this the other day whilst fiddling .. I assume it’s a hang over if not wondering what and why it’s in the acc menu.

Not this was my original post, when I picked up the car i found a drivers select profile thing in the discovery pro(I have no button!), then after an update it disappeared.. I found this the other day whilst fiddling .. I assume it’s a hang over if not wondering what and why it’s in the acc menu.
Ah sorry yes have revisited you OP. You didn’t spec DCC?
Strange to find those settings in ACC again. Is there a ‘sport’ setting to eg accelerate very hard when getting back up to speed using the adaptive cruise?!

Ah sorry yes have revisited you OP. You didn’t spec DCC?
Strange to find those settings in ACC again. Is there a ‘sport’ setting to eg accelerate very hard when getting back up to speed using the adaptive cruise?!
Yeh I guess .. just a strange one .. not sure I need to get up to a cruising speed instantly..

Back