Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEW California Purchase and check on assessories

S

simonwilletts

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Finally Ordered my Califonia......finalising Monday and thought I would just check on the following extras.

can someone tell me what exactly the chrome package is as the online builder suggests the following but in the looking at the picture it is difficult to asess the value........Those that have bought can you help as if all four below are correct including fog light cornering (which I cant fathum what this has to do with a chrome asthetic) the price seems reasonable.

Also if taking chrome package would you suggest black awning standard or a silver to match silver bike rack.

Shame they dont colour code the face of the awning as its not something that needs to be made a feature.

• Front fog lights with cornering function ???

• Radiator grille......What exactly??

• B-pillar in contrasting color Glossy Black......Yes see that
  • Chrome package......Yes but what?

The silver awning is more white than silver, and generally should be black. A couple of exceptions but you see many more asking how can I wrap / paint my silver awning to black. I don't recall any the other way around.

Finally Ordered my Califonia......finalising Monday and thought I would just check on the following extras.

can someone tell me what exactly the chrome package is as the online builder suggests the following but in the looking at the picture it is difficult to asess the value........Those that have bought can you help as if all four below are correct including fog light cornering (which I cant fathum what this has to do with a chrome asthetic) the price seems reasonable.

Also if taking chrome package would you suggest black awning standard or a silver to match silver bike rack.

Shame they dont colour code the face of the awning as its not something that needs to be made a feature.

• Front fog lights with cornering function ???

• Radiator grille......What exactly??

• B-pillar in contrasting color Glossy Black......Yes see that
  • Chrome package......Yes but what?
Fog lights, cornering function.
With headlights on, at low speed, 15 km or less, then when taking a corner the corresponding fog light comes on automatically to provide additional illumination of the verge on that side.
If the foglights are switched On this function is disabled.

Fog lights, cornering function.
With headlights on, at low speed, 15 km or less, then when taking a corner the corresponding fog light comes on automatically to provide additional illumination of the verge on that side.
If the foglights are switched On this function is disabled.
I hear this is a useful innovation that works well. Standard on an Ocean. Which California are you buying @simonwilletts ?

Simon, if your buying a Coast have you considered the panoramic roof canvas.

Chrome pack comes up on the configurator it adds a chrome side strips along the sides, at the bottom of the tailgate and the B Piller black coated . Add it on the configurstir and you will notice additions.

I am getting a single colour van blue, I wish I had added it now to break up the side a bit.

Chrome pack comes up on the configurator it adds a chrome side strips along the sides, at the bottom of the tailgate and the B Piller black coated . Add it on the configurstir and you will notice additions.

I am getting a single colour van blue, I wish I had added it now to break up the side a bit.
Thank you...I have seen this but what does it do to the radiator grill as this is not so easy to see difference

Thankyou....I am getting the Ocean..........Any idea why this is not standard but comes if you want some chrome?
It is standard on an Ocean, even without the chrome. See attached screenshot of the brochure - it’s £426 to add it to a Coast.
The chrome pack doesn’t include it in the U.K. The Sports Package does include the fogs in the description, which seems to be misleading, as that package isn’t available on U.K. Coasts, and so should not be mentioned (as it’s standard on Oceans).
It’s not called the Confuserator for nothing...

22807FE4-1201-464F-A967-4FCFFF9D7603.png

Back