Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cherry Red Coast has arrived !

Andrew Beale

Andrew Beale

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Our new Cherry Red California Coast has arrived and we picked her up from Eurovans Crawley today.

She is imaginatively named Cherry !

We ordered her on 18th November 2020 so a six month lead time - Ben at Eurovans said this has now increased to 15-18 months depending on model.

The extras are : detachable tow bar, opening window in sliding door (essential in our view), privacy glass, rear camera, heated seats, bellows front window/opening, comfort mattress, Diamondbrite paint and upholstery protection, and 80l fuel tank. And all at a v good 10.1% discount from Drive the Deal.

We decided to keep the 16" wheels, which are fine for us and ride very well, and didn't bother with any of the expensive electronic upgrades.

Initial impressions on a very windy day on the M25 are that she handles beautifully with no wind buffeting at all, just solidly planted on the road. And, with a brand new 150ps engine, 42.3mpg isn't bad.

Now we just need the weather to cheer up and we'll see you on a campsite somewhere !

Cherry red Coast 2.jpgCherry red Coast 3.jpg

Cherry red Coast 1.jpg

Our new Cherry Red California Coast has arrived and we picked her up from Eurovans Crawley today.

We ordered her on 18th November 2020 so a six month lead time - Ben at Eurovans said this has now increased to 15-18 months depending on model.

The extras are : detachable tow bar, opening window in sliding door (essential in our view), privacy glass, rear camera, heated seats, bellows front window/opening, comfort mattress, Diamondbrite paint and upholstery protection, and 80l fuel tank. And all at a v good 10.1% discount from Drive the Deal.

We decided to keep the 16" wheels, which are fine for us and ride very well, and didn't bother with any of the expensive electronic upgrades.

Initial impressions on a very windy day on the M25 are that she handles beautifully with no wind buffeting at all, just solidly planted on the road. And, with a brand new 150ps engine, 42.3mpg isn't bad.

Now we just need the weather to cheer up and we'll see you on a campsite somewhere !

View attachment 78741View attachment 78742

View attachment 78740
Great stuff, congratulations, lovely van!
Interesting to hear that yours ordered in November with a tow bar has been delivered. My Ocean (perhaps that's the issue) ordered with Eurovans via DtD on 8 October has a provisional June build date "because there's a shortage of tow bars" apparently... who knows what is really going on, but they do seem to be building Coasts quicker than Oceans...

Same colour as ours ordered on February. Nice pics!

View attachment 78740
Think I saw your van at Eurovans on Monday.

290604FA-695D-404A-B43B-EAAFD70B6CA6.jpeg

View attachment 78740
Looks Fab, was the second sliding window (the one in the side door) an extra?

We didn't spec it, but we have it...
We also have a Coast and didn’t spec it, but have it. Not sure if the configurator shows it as an option, but it did when we ordered.
Considered changing the order to include it, so very pleased that it arrived with it.

Looks Fab, was the second sliding window (the one in the side door) an extra?
Hi Karlos, the UK spec Coast comes without a sliding door opening window, and for a relatively low cost we added this, considering it essential.

Hi Karlos, the UK spec Coast comes without a sliding door opening window, and for a relatively low cost we added this, considering it essential.
That's what I thought and ecstatically it looks better :thumb

We also have a Coast and didn’t spec it, but have it. Not sure if the configurator shows it as an option, but it did when we ordered.
Considered changing the order to include it, so very pleased that it arrived with it.
Wonder if there was an issue with supplies of the window without the slider so VW had to fit the option/Ocean window.

View attachment 78740
One of the 'perks' of using 16" wheels is that when you need new tyres you will be able to source a new set of wheels/tyres for less than a new set of tyres and get some money back by selling your old wheels..
20" wheels being the must have by many new Transporter van owners.

Missed it off our order, so keen to know if this has know become the "norm"?

I have resurrected my old thread, just out of interest.

Maybe its just VWC throwing in a freebie, by way of an apology for the longer than advertised waiting times ;)

Our Coast just delivered with an opening window in the sliding door - we did not specify it but pleased it is fitted- only one fly screen though ?

Looking good and in the best colour available
interesting you managed to get a tow bar as we also had to delete ours but we now have a build date in two weeks time (Dec 2nd order)

Looking good and in the best colour available
interesting you managed to get a tow bar as we also had to delete ours but we now have a build date in two weeks time (Dec 2nd order)

Ah nice, I ordered late December (number 214 on “the list”) so hopefully I will find out a build date soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah nice, I ordered late December (number 214 on “the list”) so hopefully I will find out a build date soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi. Is your order a coast? I ordered mine too around that time and hadn’t tried to think about delivery, but seems like it may be reasonably soon, based on your intelligence