Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Coast storage net - advice please

P

phil keegan

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Proud new owner of a 6.1 Coast (ordered 1st October delivered 8 months later on 9th June). I’ve figured out most things from videos and this forum (thanks to those posting advice). Mine came supplied with a very large black storage net. It has one long and two short rigid edges and a longer flexible edge with two ‘female’ poppers about 12 inches from either end (spaced a van width apart). It isn’t immediately obvious to me what the poppers will clip onto and where the clips that I assume suspend the net are best attached. I’m thinking it’s possible that everyone doesn’t have the same net or that the ‘male’ poppers are missing on my van. Thanks for any useful advice anyone has on this minor issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The net is to stop pillows falling out of the top bed if your head end is at the steering wheel. The male poppers are under the mattress. The need can only attach two ways. One will allow it attach higher up. The other won’t!

I’ll leave you to puzzle it out.

The net is to stop pillows falling out of the top bed if your head end is at the steering wheel. The male poppers are under the mattress. The need can only attach two ways. One will allow it attach higher up. The other won’t!

I’ll leave you to puzzle it out.

Thanks - I’ve just popped the roof down as I’m now on family taxi duties but will look under the mattress tomorrow!

Ours lives under a think layer of dust in the garage :thumb

Thanks for this - so rather than a storage net it’s more of a child and pillow barrier. I reckon ours is also going into storage. Initial plan is not to carry anything in the van that we won’t miss. For us a storage net in the front roof space might have got some use when getting organised after arriving at a site.

Proud new owner of a 6.1 Coast (ordered 1st October delivered 8 months later on 9th June). I’ve figured out most things from videos and this forum (thanks to those posting advice). Mine came supplied with a very large black storage net. It has one long and two short rigid edges and a longer flexible edge with two ‘female’ poppers about 12 inches from either end (spaced a van width apart). It isn’t immediately obvious to me what the poppers will clip onto and where the clips that I assume suspend the net are best attached. I’m thinking it’s possible that everyone doesn’t have the same net or that the ‘male’ poppers are missing on my van. Thanks for any useful advice anyone has on this minor issue.

Child safety net.

Thanks for this - so rather than a storage net it’s more of a child and pillow barrier.
That's it :thumb

Depends how you use the van and sleeping arrangements, but with the roof up we use the upper bed sometimes to store bedding so it's out the way. We tend to sleep downstairs though, and you can't leaving anything on the upper bed when you close the roof :thumb