Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Coast

Welcome to the club! Just enjoy your van and add the things you think you need as you go along. Get out there for a weekend with the bare essentials and go from there. Take pot's and pans, duvets or sleeping bags etc from home to begin with, it is your second home of course so anything goes.

Welcome to the club! Just enjoy your van and add the things you think you need as you go along. Get out there for a weekend with the bare essentials and go from there. Take pot's and pans, duvets or sleeping bags etc from home to begin with, it is your second home of course so anything goes.
Sage advise. Have a scan of the forum for tips but remember we are all individuals and what some people swear buy as essentials I wouldn’t dream of in a million years (e.g., a portapotti - think I’d rather die than go to the loo in my van but each to his own!)

Sage advise. Have a scan of the forum for tips but remember we are all individuals and what some people swear buy as essentials I wouldn’t dream of in a million years (e.g., a portapotti - think I’d rather die than go to the loo in my van but each to his own!)
Emergencies only. I set this up (1 minute) if we are not near a toilet block or it’s pouring with rain. Much less space and works brilliantly
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0797YCX15/?tag=eliteelect-21

Don't plan on a long trip before testing the bed for a night.
We picked up our coast last Saturday, drove home, chucked some basics in and had a night away close to home.
Had an horrendous nights sleep. Didn't have enough sleeping bags and the upstairs mattress is too firm.
Made some adjustments and away for 3 nights this weekend, had a fab nights sleep last night.

Don't plan on a long trip before testing the bed for a night.
We picked up our coast last Saturday, drove home, chucked some basics in and had a night away close to home.
Had an horrendous nights sleep. Didn't have enough sleeping bags and the upstairs mattress is too firm.
Made some adjustments and away for 3 nights this weekend, had a fab nights sleep last night.
What mattress did you use?

What mattress did you use?
When we ordered, we didn't spec the comfort mattress for downstairs and bought a S2S self inflating one.
This weekend we have up this on top of existing upstairs mattress. A bit overkill, but a great nights sleep.
We also discovered last weekend, we needed a thermal layer underneath us. The extra mattress will have helped, but we slept on a thick sleeping bag too, with 2 on top.
We found the diesel heater too noisy during the night and not that effective upstairs, so never bothered last night.
Obviously these are just our observations and you might find it works for you without messing. But, I'm glad we had a night away to test before committing to a longer trip.

Hi, I have some issues with 22 plate Coast. Can you post some photos of the front of the food when open? Do you have mastic in the runners on the roof?

Thanks in advance