Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Engine Induction Manifold fitted under Product Enhancement

oryx white

oryx white

Travelling hopefully
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just to say that our Cali has been giving us intermittent faults over the last few months. These occur after the engine is warm - say 1hr driving, a stop for around 30 mins (e.g. service area on the motorway) and then on restart.

Initially, I got the glow plug warning light (yellow helix on it's side) and a start/stop error. But more recently (last couple of weeks) this progressed to a flashing glow plug warning light and engine in 'limp' mode.

It cleared if you pulled over, turned off, waited for 10 secs and re-started.

The lovely people at SMG had her in this week and carried out a full GFF and test plan found a fault with the induction manifold. The VW database threw up a Product Enhancement with the fault code and so a new part was ordered from VAG. Apparently, one of the valves is prone to sticking.

This part turned out to be a whole new manifold system, sensors and all. A day to take the front off (including PAS, Aircon I was told) fit the new system and put everything together again, re-gas, re-oil etc. All under warranty.

So far, so good - but I've only had to go to the shops and back so far. But enough to get the cooling fan wailing as per usual.

So overall, I am impressed with the VW response so far.

I thought I'd post in case any others were experiencing similar problems with their T6 and this might be useful info.

I will let you know if it gives any further trouble :Nailbiting but am travelling hopefully again ...

Back