Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Exclusive owner looking for help / advice.

A

atk13

VIP Member
Hi all,

Just purchased a 1995 California Exclusive in green with 110k miles on the clock.

Had the van serviced straight after purchase and got the mechanic to give the van a good look over. I was pleased to find the chassis and underneath were in great condition for its age and other than a wheel bearing and a new section of exhaust we are good to go. I drove the van 350 miles home and she cruised lovely at 100kph all the way.

I’d love to hear from any Exclusive owners of any places you’ve found to replace or fix faulty items.

Mine seems to be in good condition inside but there are a few things that need addressing.

I need a new seal for the large push out cassette window behind the drivers seat. Previous owner bodged a seal that is nowhere near correct.

The Eberspatcher works but, I would like to get it serviced and the little timer controller in the dash by the blowers, has a button missing.

The small window in the bathroom, has been bodged to fit the arm into the window with a rawplug.

My partner loves driving the van but she is struggling with the speedo being in KPH only. I’d love to get a mph/kph one.

The mattress in the high top is a bit thin and the fabric is worn on the edges (just like me when I was 29). I’ve thought about a mattress topper but would rather fit a new upgraded mattress. Anyone done this?

Also need a topper that fits behind the rear of the lower bench/bed too.

Any thoughts help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave the clocks alone and get a GPS driven Speedo from Amazon or AliExpress for a few quid

Hi all,

Just purchased a 1995 California Exclusive in green with 110k miles on the clock.

Had the van serviced straight after purchase and got the mechanic to give the van a good look over. I was pleased to find the chassis and underneath were in great condition for its age and other than a wheel bearing and a new section of exhaust we are good to go. I drove the van 350 miles home and she cruised lovely at 100kph all the way.

I’d love to hear from any Exclusive owners of any places you’ve found to replace or fix faulty items.

Mine seems to be in good condition inside but there are a few things that need addressing.

I need a new seal for the large push out cassette window behind the drivers seat. Previous owner bodged a seal that is nowhere near correct.

The Eberspatcher works but, I would like to get it serviced and the little timer controller in the dash by the blowers, has a button missing.

The small window in the bathroom, has been bodged to fit the arm into the window with a rawplug.

My partner loves driving the van but she is struggling with the speedo being in KPH only. I’d love to get a mph/kph one.

The mattress in the high top is a bit thin and the fabric is worn on the edges (just like me when I was 29). I’ve thought about a mattress topper but would rather fit a new upgraded mattress. Anyone done this?

Also need a topper that fits behind the rear of the lower bench/bed too.

Any thoughts help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

I upgraded my upper mattress in my Club Joker to a 7.5cm Fanello Click Mattress custom made to fit. Very very pleased. If you are ever coming to Switzerland I highly recommend it. Speak with Ady.

Their marketing slogan is “Gut im bett” after all!

Back