Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New family member: Caddy Camper

Luckily VW changed the name from Tramper as it's known in Europe.

Looks good - clever tailagte / roof /awning feature. Room for two, perhaps a place to sleep not to camp but a clever piece of kit.

Only diesels in the UK and not the petrol. It also comes with same Takato cloth as the UK Beaches. Will be 30k or thereabouts once you add a few goodies. Nice competition for the Danbury Caddy Camper and good to see VW increasing their UK Camper line up.

James

I've been in the Danbury caddy camper James .. Got your name all over it as your next purchase ;-)
If you go I have a pair of Oem front seat covers going very cheap :)

choplee said:
I've been in the Danbury caddy camper James .. Got your name all over it as your next purchase ;-)
If you go I have a pair of Oem front seat covers going very cheap :)

lol - no - T5 all the way :)

if I am ever fortunate enough to own another Beach, I'd like a German import :)

James

A perfect surf wagon for those without kids; I really like that and the green colour looks ace!

The danbury had a nice cook area at the back and a little reverse pop top ;) ....

the only issue is the caddy itself ....i had a pre facelift and it was great and traded in and had my new one for 18 months and outed it ....gearing all wrong and power delivery very bad expensive and mine was a fuel guzzler .... :crazy

The Caddy Camper (Tramper) does really look handsome. I was considering Tramper before deciding to buy California, but at the time there was no auxiliary heating available, even as an option. The 4WD is a nice combination with the vehicle, much smaller than the real van, so better off road. Perhaps I will return to the idea, especially if the home budged would so no-no to go on with the Cali anymore. :sad

By the way,
There is an interesting one for sale, by Narbonne Accessoires, here near Paris.
It is brand new, (although manufactured in 2010, as far as I can read on the Windows, I saw it today).
They could not sell it for the past 2 years, no market for it in France !!.
Besides, Narbonne is no longer going to sell VWs, so they selling out what they have in stock.

So they already lowered the price of Caddy from stock 28000 to 21000 Euros. They might be more reduction to negotiate.

It is LHD though.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/caravaning/3455 ... tm?ca=12_s

(they also have a new full LHD Cali for sale, but I do not know what the discount would be. )

That's sounds like a good price for a Caddy.

LHD is slightly complicated. It's not so much the import its the spec. Everything is an option on LHD Cali's so you do get more options and you can get more personalised vehicles but your unlikely to match the spec pound for pound on a UK Cali.

There is also the culture of car buying with European market often favouring extras that UK buyers tend not to go for.

That's said if it was purely my second vehicle for going away in I'd be tempted by a leftie. The multivan dash, front window blinds, it's how it was designed.

But lhd Cali's are far more spec dependent especially when you consider that nearly new ones will range from 40 000 euros up to 70 0000+.

James.

That's said if it was purely my second vehicle for going away in I'd be tempted by a leftie

Yes, it is perfect as potential second vehicle, I totally agree.
Very universal, for everything: carry load, or dog, go to work, or even sleep Inside.

The little down side of this one is that, from what I can see on the picture now, it seems to be the short, not the Maxi version. And no auxiliary heating.

Back