Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New for 2019 fiamma T6 bike rack.

Carolinegallen

Carolinegallen

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Has anyone got one of these?
If so... What do you think of it?Screenshot_20190830_140319_com.android.chrome.jpg

That's a really old fashioned design, dating back to 1993.there are much more compact models, inc from Fiamma, although this one may have the advantage of keeping the bikes lower than the other models.

That's a really old fashioned design, dating back to 1993.there are much more compact models, inc from Fiamma, although this one may have the advantage of keeping the bikes lower than the other models.
Such as?
Such as? I'm looking for light weight for 2 bikes.
I've read a zillions posts.
There is a 2 bike atera made from aluminium that I'd really like. But I can't find a supplier.

Any one know where I can get this?

Screenshot_20190830_154834_com.android.chrome.jpg

Try roofbox.co.uk, they have the 3/4 bike version, so worth giving them a call.

There is one in the club shop and I'm seen several photos of a new Fiamma rack (Pro?) on here that looks like the T5 (T6 Kylie) design but has only 3 rails

2 here in the club shop
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-rear-mounted-menabo-shadow-bike-carrier
Thanks. Do you know what they weigh? I take mine on and off quite often. And find the atera heavy. Which is why I'm looking for an alternative.
Thanks

We have the pro, very sturdy, but not sure I’d want to keep taking it on and off though.
View attachment 49593
Is it difficult to put on and off? We just put our atera on if we are going away. My husband has to do it.... Its unscrewing at the lower tailgsit fitting, then lifting off. But it's quite heavy.

Is it difficult to put on and off? We just put our atera on if we are going away. My husband has to do it.... Its unscrewing at the lower tailgsit fitting, then lifting off. But it's quite heavy.
Easy enough to do, just 2 bolts on the bottom brackets, not heavy either (yes aluminium) I just wouldn’t want to accidentally touch the paintwork constantly going on and off with it.
@Jabberwocky has also just fitted one.

Great sturdy rack but for me its a fit and forget. Not to be taken off/put back on repeatedly. Not sure why you would want to really. Here is mine.
Bike Rack1.JPG

Just fitted one as well (thanks to some pointers from JW). Not going to take it on and off for risk of bashing something. Besides, it’s doing a great job of drying towels right now in the sunshine!