Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Forest

topmonty

topmonty

VIP Member
Thinking of a drive down to the New Forest in the next day or two which is approx a 90 mile trip, maybe park up enjoy a picnic and a walk.
Peoples thoughts on this much appreciated.
;)

A forest would be a lovely day out with plenty of space for social distancing for picnics and walks. Enjoy your day out, especially with this weather!

Worth checking the New Forest tourist info site to see if car parks are open. If they are not parking is a bugger.

Worth checking the New Forest tourist info site to see if car parks are open. If they are not parking is a bugger.
Nearly all the car parks are currently open, not stupidly busy and of course the weather is glorious.

As @Bellcrew says most of Forest Car parks now open. Some of the Heathland car parks remain closed due to proximity to ground-nesting birds which happens in normal years. We spent the day parked up in one of our usual spots most of Thursday in the Forest last week. It noticeably had more people there than before lockdown but not overcrowded. I counted 6 disposable rubber gloves and one mask close to the car park just thrown down!!!! Remember due the fire risk BBQ's are currently banded. A few minutes walk and you can be in total isolation from others and the rat race.

Last edited:
Not related but maybe it is, using gloves isnt useful unless you change them after each surface touched, it is in fact safer to wash hands Or sanitise more frequently. Surgeons don't use one pair all day.
We will end up with glove dumping joining dog poo bags on branches as my big anti human race issue

Was there on Monday afternoon all the car parks were full and lots of people parking on the roadside along by hatchett pond. Probably busier because it was bank holiday

Thinking of a drive down to the New Forest in the next day or two which is approx a 90 mile trip, maybe park up enjoy a picnic and a walk.
Peoples thoughts on this much appreciated.
;)
Go for it!! Mid week is probably the best time and if you don’t like the first place you stop at there are lots more

Was there on Monday afternoon all the car parks were full and lots of people parking on the roadside along by hatchett pond. Probably busier because it was bank holiday

Spotted a silver Cali there late Monday evening. Probably arrived at about 7.45pm. Still busy. Rode across the forest during the day and it was manic.

Lyndhurst, but the car park by the golf course is nice and much quieter. Hatchett pond, but not the main car park. Lyndhurst to Beaulieu road, a few quieter car parks off to the right. Godshill has quite nice views. Lepe is probably worth a visit. Aldridge Hill by Brockenhurst is quite nice and good if you have dogs (following the river)

Go for it! We’ve been 3-4 times now in the last few weeks (only 15 miles from us), and have had a great time. Car parks can be a bit busy but easy to social distance when you’re out and about.

Thanks for a great response from all, parked up near Burley and no issues at all apart from a few car parks closed :bananadance22AB4E899-9B0F-43E9-8192-A86677EAAC3B.jpeg

Not related but maybe it is, using gloves isnt useful unless you change them after each surface touched, it is in fact safer to wash hands Or sanitise more frequently. Surgeons don't use one pair all day.
We will end up with glove dumping joining dog poo bags on branches as my big anti human race issue
Already there Wongo. Lots of plastic gloves on most walks I do in Cheshire/Derbyshire border. On one 7 mile walk last week I picked up 21 (odd, why?) gloves only to return 3 days later and find another 8. I see even more on country roads.
Soon to be overtaken by McDonalds wrappers/drinks once again when they all open?

Sadly whatever the public consumable is, it finds it's way into our beauty spots ...

Now back on topic please, nice places in the new forest to drive out to ......

Mine would be "it's all nice, so anywhere you can park a cali up, put the kettle on and not be in someone else's face ...."

What a lovely idea.

Last edited: