Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New kettle...

calicasas

calicasas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My old trusty gas stove kettle is dying...and I am looking for a replacement which is small, compact and good quality. We heat water for a couple of teas at a time so I don't need these 2.5L kettles which seem to be occupy quite a bit of space. Can anyone recommend any products?

we use a folding kettle which lives the sink look in Cali Merchandise on the right of this page

Wacky practicals I have the blue kettle brilliant

+1 for the folding jobbie.

I have one of these. Very good and takes up little space.

We're a wacky practicals folding kettle family too.

Is it just me or are there others who agree that the wacky practicals and go outdoors silicone folding utensils are really good but wish they didn't have to come only in wacky colours!?

None of the items available comes in any colour that blends in with the rest of our stuff... Which is the reason why I have held off buying the kettle so far... (Bought the bucket and washing up bowl as I don't have them sitting routinely on the counter top and therefore do not have to look at them much)...

What's wrong with tasteful grey... Boring to some I am sure but my favourite colour! :cool:

And yes, our Cali is grey too of course!!!!!

Thank you all for your replies...
Good to see that the silicone kettle doesn't leave a funny taste... I was a little concerned when I first saw it - I like this kettle - actually quite like the Trangia also... I will definitely be buying or the other... Thanks once again!

Hi there.

We have just taken delivery of our new Cali and I was wondering - if you are wild camping or away from hook up do you tend to use hod top kettles or an electric one? In our old caravan we exclusively used an electric kettle but not so sure what to do now.

Thanks

Use a Kettle on the Gas burner. The inverter would not be able to handle an electric kettle.

We also use a outwell collapsible kettle, takes up very little space when not in use, just wish it had a whistle

I am another fan of the outwell collapsible but I must admit when on grid I do prefer one of these to boil the water for my cuppa :shocked

c20sthf-side-view-1.jpg

Outwell,
Kampa folding kettle one we have which is not quite as slick but cheaper than the Outwell
(also sold as a "wacky" something or other).

We now use a Alpkit Brukit Wolf, its not collapsible but it boils water so fast we havent looked back.

Outwell,
Kampa folding kettle one we have which is not quite as slick but cheaper than the Outwell
(also sold as a "wacky" something or other).

We now use a Alpkit Brukit Wolf, its not collapsible but it boils water so fast we havent looked back.

Another Alpkit convert here.
Boils water fast and canbe used for baked beans etc. British and half the price of competitors.