Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New leather seats

Bulli Ocean 1

Bulli Ocean 1

Vehicle
Motorhome
Took my Cali to DK Schweizer in Colchester yesterday and had the seats retrimmed. The service was first class from start to finish. The job was completed in 6hrs without the need to leave it with them for a few days, which other trimmers stated. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result. Great service at a really good price for what I had done. They even retrimmed the gear gaiter and door cards to match. My Cali came with the light grey artificial leather/alcantara, which was not my choice as the vehicle was dealer stock. The new trim now ties in with the theme that I have created.

00CD2940-9035-4124-9403-6B64E302C8E5.jpeg

696B219B-46EC-43D7-897F-0B92116F695A.jpeg

5BABD565-852D-42FD-9E59-B0595C158C26.jpeg

C431D9DF-829C-40DD-8FC4-D522B0207873.jpeg

D60F9524-1AF7-4D11-894D-D1D3FD55FA11.jpeg

D5573D00-6E88-4674-981B-B4F4410809B4.jpeg

That’s a mighty fine looking retrim :thumb:thumb:thumb

Nice, enjoy +1 for DK :cool:

Looks really good, Colchester is just up the road from us, roughly how much was it (so I can start saving!)

Looks really good, Colchester is just up the road from us, roughly how much was it (so I can start saving!)
I bet it’s not as much as you think !

edit: 7 seat Beach was under £1.5k + Vat a couple of years ago (DK)

VW dealers will use the same Co & charge in excess of £2.5k !

346B39B9-AC61-404A-B49E-FB9244CCC908.jpeg

Last edited:
The cost for the whole retrim (including door cards and gear gaiter) was just over £1.8k including vat.

As I said in my original post I would highly recommend DK if you are thinking of a retrim. They have lots of patterns to choose from and can install in one day.

Definitely something on the list for the future then!

SMC had recovered the seats on the showroom Cali and got to say looked really good and practical to wipe down if they get soiled or wet.

7 seat Beach was under £1.5k
That’s cracking value, especially compared to the price of decent seat covers. Having seen these seats I’m beginning to wish I’d done the same rather than buying seat covers. There’s always next year though after I’ve pimped my wheels and suspension:)

That’s cracking value, especially compared to the price of decent seat covers. Having seen these seats I’m beginning to wish I’d done the same rather than buying seat covers. There’s always next year though after I’ve pimped my wheels and suspension:)
Seat covers protect your originals though. 2 for the price of one. Individual Auto Design ( who supply the shop) make covers as good as a re-trim for 2/3 cost…
https://individualautodesign.co.uk/

Last edited:
Took my Cali to DK Schweizer in Colchester yesterday and had the seats retrimmed. The service was first class from start to finish. The job was completed in 6hrs without the need to leave it with them for a few days, which other trimmers stated. I couldn’t be more pleased with the result. Great service at a really good price for what I had done. They even retrimmed the gear gaiter and door cards to match. My Cali came with the light grey artificial leather/alcantara, which was not my choice as the vehicle was dealer stock. The new trim now ties in with the theme that I have created.

View attachment 91136

View attachment 91137

View attachment 91138

View attachment 91139

View attachment 91140

View attachment 91141
Stunning

Very nice. Can I ask where you got your steering wheel from?