Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member and prospective buy at some point next year...

Dreed2703

Dreed2703

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

Just an introductory post as I have just joined with the intention of gathering as much knowledge pre-purchase as possible.

Unfortunate family events have left a silver lining for our young family, and California ownership looks to be well and truly on the horizon.

Loving using the VW configurator to spec up the dream vehicle and hope to post in 2021 to say we have signed on the dotted line!

Till then, like;y just a bit of a lurker. :)

~Dan

Lurk away! Lots of stuff to find here. Enjoy!!

Hi,

Just an introductory post as I have just joined with the intention of gathering as much knowledge pre-purchase as possible.

Unfortunate family events have left a silver lining for our young family, and California ownership looks to be well and truly on the horizon.

Loving using the VW configurator to spec up the dream vehicle and hope to post in 2021 to say we have signed on the dotted line!

~Dan
Hi Dan. We found this forum to be extremely useful before we ordered ours. There’s an absolute wealth of information and experience here which can really help to shape your thinking before the big purchase!

Hi,

~Dan
I’ve ordered a California Ocean this week and the quoted lead time for delivery is 5 months. I won’t have mine until December. Bear this in mind when planning your 2021 adventures.

:welcome Have a great lurk and think about how you want to use your Cali. That will help you decide what options and gadgets you want.
I did the thinking and ordered everything before the Cali arrived. Not regretted it.
Others advise camping a few times to see what you need...
In the meantime, there’s lots of useful advice on here. Welcome to the ‘search’ function.

Have a think about hiring first, it's an expensive purchase. Plenty of hire companies in the VW California Hire section, including us!

Window shopping for, and the antipitation of ownership is a wonderful journey. Enjoy.

Hi Dan,

The world is your lobster, you will find this wonderful resource most useful.

Use the search function to speed up your quest for knowledge when you have a specific question :cheers

Hi,

~Dan

Dan,

Very much the same - Cali ownership was only possible due to sad events, and rather than sit/spend on generic bits and bobs, we decided a campervan for memories was the best thing for our 22mo and new arrival in Nov.

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Back