Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member for

So I was hoping that this thread would be deleted by now and I could set up a new one but seems like it is here to stay! :)

Hello all,
I am a long time lurker, haven't posted much in the past but yesterday I finally committed and managed to get an allocation on an Ocean due to be built Jan 22. Spec is as below:
T6.1 California Ocean 204 4motion
Mojave beige
Woodstock alloys
Towbar
Wood effect floor
Outdoor shower connection
Art velours
Hill decent control
Tyre pressure monitoring
Tyre mobility kit (instead of spare)

We had been thinking about purchasing one for a while, but we just came back from a 2 week road trip to France (in our car) and saw how great France is set up for campervans and it just sealed the deal for us.

We expect to put our stamp on it too, we are likely to change the suspension and wheels and may look at a few other subtle changes too.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was hoping that this thread would be deleted by now and I could set up a new one but seems like it is here to stay! :)

Hello all,
I am a long time lurker, haven't posted much in the past but yesterday I finally committed and managed to get an allocation on an Ocean due to be built Jan 22. Spec is as below:
T6.1 California Ocean 204 4motion
Mojave beige
Woodstock alloys
Towbar
Wood effect floor
Outdoor shower connection
Art velours
Hill decent control
Tyre pressure monitoring
Tyre mobility kit (instead of spare)

We had been thinking about purchasing one for a while, but we just came back from a 2 week road trip to France (in our car) and saw how great France is set up for campervans and it just sealed the deal for us.

We expect to put our stamp on it too, we are likely to change the suspension and wheels and may look at a few other subtle changes too.

Tom
Welcome here. If you don’t have a provisional build week yet you can change the spec.
Perhaps consider adding the 80L fuel tank for c£80?

:welcome Duncs04, (again)

my original welcome (post #3) was deleted (by Mods I presume) similar to @westfalia post #2.

Apparently We’re not allowed a sense of humour in responding to your original post in a benign and wholly welcoming manner & in the same vein as your original post, which was allowed to remain ?

so Welcome again (10 hours) ;)

Lets see some photos of the new arrival.

Ordering any car over 50k could raise the question
are you're doing the right thing.
Ordering a Cali is a no-brainer, if you like sleeping
in a van. You won't loose much.

Sometimes after a long trip in ours we get home and I still want
to stay in the van.

Welcome here. If you don’t have a provisional build week yet you can change the spec.
Perhaps consider adding the 80L fuel tank for c£80?

Unfortunately the 80L fuel tank is not an option on the 4motion, I am assuming that it has something to do with the extra weight?

Ordering any car over 50k could raise the question
are you're doing the right thing.
Ordering a Cali is a no-brainer, if you like sleeping
in a van. You won't loose much.

Sometimes after a long trip in ours we get home and I still want
to stay in the van.

Oh I agree regards the car, however it depends what you buy and when, we have just sold our Macan GTS back to the dealer we purchased it off 13 months ago for only a fraction less than we originally paid (+11,000 extra miles) we wanted to take advantage of the high used car prices at the moment and it spent its life sat in the garage 5 days a week.

Residuals are somewhat of an attraction with the Ocean over say a Marco Polo, but the main purpose is to enrich our lives by traveling more frequently.