Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member. Grand California 680 in New Zealand

THE680 NZ

THE680 NZ

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello! Just another happy new 680 owner here. I live in New Zealand, north of Auckland and look forward to travelling our through our beautiful country. I ordered THE680 in December 2020, just received a couple of weeks ago, end of May. Production and shipping are all held up still. I'm in the process of kitting her out at the moment. Still waiting for the Vango Jura Air drive away awning to arrive from UK, that was supposed to arrive in March, ... One of the first things I want to customise is to build a second smaller table, as I find the one that comes with the van just takes up too much space. I'm planning to create a website with all the measurements and info necessary to help people to plan ahead while they are waiting for their Grand California. Watch this space.

Hi,
We too have just (in May) got our GC 680 in NZ (Wellington). Love it. We also found the table too big so have made a smaller one from oak we had lying around ... looks great, works well, and adds a bit of nice warm colour to the interior. Difficult getting the table leg off, but my husband managed in the end.
I've also made a privacy curtain to screen off the front during the day, & trying to find a good method to hang it - I think sticky velcro may be the answer. Would be keen to see your website when you've made it.
Kathryn and Dan

Hi,
We too have just (in May) got our GC 680 in NZ (Wellington). Love it. We also found the table too big so have made a smaller one from oak we had lying around ... looks great, works well, and adds a bit of nice warm colour to the interior. Difficult getting the table leg off, but my husband managed in the end.
I've also made a privacy curtain to screen off the front during the day, & trying to find a good method to hang it - I think sticky velcro may be the answer. Would be keen to see your website when you've made it.
Kathryn and Dan
You need to use Industrial Velcro as it handles repeated use and high temperatures better.
The normal velcro will just peel off if it gets warm.

680 in Wellington. Table done... currently trying to sort snow chains and a ski rack for back door.

Janet and Harold

Welcome and happy camping

680 in Wellington. Table done... currently trying to sort snow chains and a ski rack for back door.

Janet and Harold
Hi @CupOfTea I bet your roads are even quieter with the lack of campervan/motorhome tourists?

Picture is of the 3 we hired as a family a few years back. Fabulous country, unforgettable holiday.

How are businesses coping/surviving during the pandemic? Must be devastating for towns like Queenstown?

We would love to visit again when allowed.

F536367D-39DA-40AE-A142-175F411E1C8E.jpeg

yep not many overseas tourists.... lots of campers from the rental fleets sold to kiwis tho. Not sure about Queenstown... they have a bit of a anti camper reputation. I'm off down there next week... so I guess I'll find out.

My parents are in QTown at the moment. Apparently it’s as busy as it’s always been - but just with Kiwis instead of Aussies!

Hi,
Kathryn and Dan

View attachment table.jpg