Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member John Jowett .

J

John J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hello, I'm John Jowett a retired physicist living in Nottingham with my wife Susan. We're about to collect a 2019 California Ocean tomorrow (02/07/20). We've not owned a camper or motorhome before - so have a lot to learn. We're very keen walkers and travellers and hope to use the van to help climb Scotland's Corbett mountains (the Munros were finished a couple of years ago). So I'm hoping the van will be ideal for wild camping in Scotland. We also hope to drive the van to southern Spain this autumn, probably spending some time in the Picos and Pyrenees on our way there. So big plans just hoping they come to pass!!

Hello, I'm John Jowett a retired physicist living in Nottingham with my wife Susan. We're about to collect a 2019 California Ocean tomorrow (02/07/20). We've not owned a camper or motorhome before - so have a lot to learn. We're very keen walkers and travellers and hope to use the van to help climb Scotland's Corbett mountains (the Munros were finished a couple of years ago). So I'm hoping the van will be ideal for wild camping in Scotland. We also hope to drive the van to southern Spain this autumn, probably spending some time in the Picos and Pyrenees on our way there. So big plans just hoping they come to pass!!

Welcome on board John. A great purchase that you will enjoy. The use cases are multiple.

We use our Cali as a base vehicle for our walking and cycling endeavors. It is always a great feeling to come back to a warm and cozy base station and have a brew and some food. To start walks or cycling early, we do not have to worry about hotel bookings or anything else. Just drive to location the previous evening. Park up the night and start the walk early next day morning.

On walks ... my wife, for her 50th year challenge wants to do the three peaks. Planning to start with Scafell Pike this month. Again, no major planning on dates or hotels, look at a weekend when the weather is better and just take the hotel on wheels along :)

Enjoy and have fun! Do remember to post pictures when you get her. :thumbs

I bet your super excited. Hello and welcome to the club.

Hello John and Susan!
It’s been a while since I have seen you. I hope you and the family are all keeping well. Welcome to the California Club! You’ll love it. It’s great as a base for walking holidays.
Lynne Hoptroff xx

:welcome Looking forward to hearing about the Corbett adventures...