Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member - Westfalia California Exclusive 2001

P

Plastic Cow

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello,

Having sold my old 3 Door Range Rover with roof tent I am now bitten by the VW bug! I have been weekending with my two boys occasionally over the last few years and, (subject to decent wi-fi !!!!) they seem happy to camp out. I inherited my late fathers low mileage (70k) T4 and now relish the benefits of the high top and rear we. These are things which seemed irrelevant to me when he bought it 20 years ago. Perhaps I have ‘grown’ into it along with a weaker bladder. I live in London with a basement car park so the van stays with my mother near the New Forest and nearby beaches. The van is used every week when I visit and there still seems to be some Westfalia parts available however I am struggling to find a double cup holder which was trodden on a few years back so any ideas of how to replace it would be handy. The only one I’ve seem recently was €94 for what looked like very well used one. I trying to keep it as original as possible and would also like to know if the rear 4 bike rack is sourceable: I bent the rails this year backing into a wall. Apart from keeping the T4 together I have just bought 2005 Caravelle as a London run around and will be converting to a day van spec. So hope to add some Cali bits to improve it. I have followed the forum for a few months now and wish everyone successful motoring. Best wishes David as ‘Plastic Cow’.