Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hello there have you had your cali long?

Hello and welcome. Service or repair costs? I would have expected that service costs could be anticipated but repair.....another matter I guess for an eight year old Cali.

Hello and welcome. Service or repair costs? I would have expected that service costs could be anticipated but repair.....another matter I guess for an eight year old Cali.

Repair costs mainly. Just been told the driveshaft is badly worn and beginning to realise this is a known issue with these vans. It's only done 53,000 miles.

Repair costs mainly. Just been told the driveshaft is badly worn and beginning to realise this is a known issue with these vans. It's only done 53,000 miles.
I can understand your post then! Gosh!!

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
So what adventures have you had?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

That's a bit scary - mine is a 2007 with about 69000 now!!!

Hi I have a 2005 t5 transporter and have just fitted my forth drive shaft all are on the rhs long drive shaft 130 bhp .this time for some reason parts from vw on exchange only cost 420 Euro .if you toe a trailer it will wear .be careful and very carefull if it is worn it will give no warning and spin on the splines coming out of gearbox which you also need to replace which was included in my parts cost .when it's gone it's gone no drive home .

My mechanic tells me they do at least two of these jobs a fortnight! I don't tow anything and thankful that it is now repaired before it went unexpectedly.