Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

K

Kevin Bagwell

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi, I'm new to the forum... not yet ordered or bought but close to ordering a Beach Camper. Looking forward very much to getting out and about with my family. This forum has already been a great source of information and inspiration. Cheers.

Hi and welcome to the Cali family. Enjoy making your decision.

So, a few weeks down the line, and I have ordered a Beach Camper with the 3 seat bench - needed as we are a family of 5 - mum, dad and three teenagers... we are used to tent camping so this will be an adjustment for us, but we'll chuck the kids in a tent for now! We'll probably miss the bulk of this season but with a provisional build date of the week beginning 21st August you never know! Looking forward to it!

So, a few weeks down the line, and I have ordered a Beach Camper with the 3 seat bench - needed as we are a family of 5 - mum, dad and three teenagers... we are used to tent camping so this will be an adjustment for us, but we'll chuck the kids in a tent for now! We'll probably miss the bulk of this season but with a provisional build date of the week beginning 21st August you never know! Looking forward to it!
Great choice !! You need to factor in 4 - 7 weeks for delivery following the build week., unless the build gets pulled forward. Good luck on an early result though!

Thanks for that info... the dealer is estimating late October for delivery, so we might get lucky at the end of September but are aware of the likely timeframe.

Cali Beach Camper has arrived a month earlier than anticipated!! Handover this coming Friday!!! I have signed up as a VIP member to get the handover checklist. I notice that it is for the Ocean rather than the Beach Camper - is there a separate checklist that I haven't discovered for the Beach? If not, I'm sure that I can use the Ocean Checklist as the basis for my Beach though. Exciting times!