Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New number make a difference & towing?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
There is small chance our T6.1 might be ready for when we go away end of July on holiday, touring the Highlands for 4 weeks. At the moment I am preparing to use our existing tow car a Yeti.

My question is does it make much difference in re-sale value having a September plate rather then March (not that we intend to sell our first California for a few years!). Just in case a chance we can delay picking up our T6.1.

Also do wonder if picking up the T6.1 (4Motion 199) and then in a matter of perhaps a couple of days heading off too Scotland (we live North Essex) towing an Eriba up to Scotland and touring around. If any niggles will not be near a dealer?

But on the other hand we have waited a while and want to enjoy using it!

Dealer at the moment not sure when we will have it (Live Chat say it is on the way to the dealer - Norwich) they need to plug it in and see if it needs the 2x recent recalls, fit towbar, the tax will probably delay the process eventually, as we all know tax has changed on the California, but causing problems with paper work I hear?

Assuming all things were equal and a buyer had the choice between an “older” or ”newer” registration, then the newer would win but it would just be one factor.

Assuming all things were equal and a buyer had the choice between an “older” or ”newer” registration, then the newer would win but it would just be one factor.
Thanks I did wonder, probably not much in it as you say. Think end of the day it now all depends on the TAX department paperwork which I think has to be sent in the post - so that is going to take weeks!!!!

Any major issues should be covered by VW Assist. Minor issues can usually wait until you’re back home, or get help on the forum. There are dealers in Scotland, but maybe not close to where you are travelling.

Thanks I did wonder, probably not much in it as you say. Think end of the day it now all depends on the TAX department paperwork which I think has to be sent in the post - so that is going to take weeks!!!!
Will tax on line… immediately
No problem

Usually expect £500 or more difference in the value with a number plate change.

Back