Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean 4motion coming Wednesday.

Mrstu2u

Mrstu2u

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
So after a very long wait I'm now just a few day away from getting the California !
I'm super excited and really looking forward getting out and making memories, I'm sure there will be quite a few new owners in the coming weeks and these new 204's start to find there way over there seemed to be a fair few out the back of the dealer when stuck my head in the door :thumb

So after a very long wait I'm now just a few day away from getting the California !
I'm super excited and really looking forward getting out and making memories, I'm sure there will be quite a few new owners in the coming weeks and these new 204's start to find there way over there seemed to be a fair few out the back of the dealer when stuck my head in the door :thumb
I bet you’re really excited as it’s only a couple of sleeps now. Which dealer did you order with? Don’t forget to post the all important photos, and also report back your findings on the 204, as there haven’t been too many delivered yet. Have fun!!

I bet you’re really excited as it’s only a couple of sleeps now. Which dealer did you order with? Don’t forget to post the all important photos, and also report back your findings on the 204, as there haven’t been too many delivered yet. Have fun!!
Yeah very excited I'm getting it from Marshalls in Reading, I've been ordering seat covers etc to pass the time before I can pick it up, and will update once I've had a play.

Yeah very excited I'm getting it from Marshalls in Reading, I've been ordering seat covers etc to pass the time before I can pick it up, and will update once I've had a play.

Please update with lots of pics, we all want to see it .....

and lots of questions, it get's us all excited .....

Hello and welcome :D

That's awesome, funny I am picking mine up from Marshalls tomorrow as well so also very excited What's your spec ?
Mines a 4-Motion in metallic grey.

:welcome & Congrats MrsStu2u,

Big Wednesday !

please Don’t disappoint Granny Jen :cheers

Exciting, just in time. We want pics when it arrives

That's awesome, funny I am picking mine up from Marshalls tomorrow as well so also very excited What's your spec ?
Mines a 4-Motion in metallic grey.
That is funny I did see your Cali, looked lovely as well !

Mine is obviously 204 4motion, Diff lock - Comfort mattress - shower - heated screen - removable towbar- Fortana Red

IMG_8831.JPG

Feeling very lucky to have such a fantastic camper ! lot's of fun just waiting to get out on our first day trip this weekend. good times

IMG_8833.JPG

IMG_8834.JPG

Good to here your Calis are arriving, I am hoping for a week on Friday collection for mine....can I ask those who have a factory fitted tow bar....have you checked to see if all the pins in the 13 pin socket are wired which is essential if you are pulling a caravan. My dealer is surprisingly unsure if there are

That is funny I did see your Cali, looked lovely as well !

Mine is obviously 204 4motion, Diff lock - Comfort mattress - shower - heated screen - removable towbar- Fortana Red

View attachment 76668

Feeling very lucky to have such a fantastic camper ! lot's of fun just waiting to get out on our first day trip this weekend. good times

View attachment 76680

View attachment 76681
Looks awesome...funny I did ask about you...apparently you were late

this is mine...super pleased

0B3DDADE-2649-491F-B2D6-DA1AE4CD8C1F.jpeg

I was a little late, didn't realise I had a 50k daily limit on my debit card, it's the the first time I've had to ask funnily enough, enjoy your van it looks great.

I was a little late, didn't realise I had a 50k daily limit on my debit card, it's the the first time I've had to ask funnily enough, enjoy your van it looks great.
Looking forward to taking out at the weekend, although after owning for hours I managed to scrape the awning end but it did not spoil the day and at least I don't have to worry about marking it now.

Good to here your Calis are arriving, I am hoping for a week on Friday collection for mine....can I ask those who have a factory fitted tow bar....have you checked to see if all the pins in the 13 pin socket are wired which is essential if you are pulling a caravan. My dealer is surprisingly unsure if there are
Ask @GrannyJen directly as she towed a Caravan.

Looking forward to taking out at the weekend, although after owning for hours I managed to scrape the awning end but it did not spoil the day and at least I don't have to worry about marking it now.

Enjoy your weekend, we are doing the same as you and getting out this weekend, shame about the awning but I admire your approach to it all, I guess this is inevitable though.

:welcome 204 is the way to go. Enjoy!

Any thoughts on names?

Ask @GrannyJen directly as she towed a Caravan.
She has a T6. @AlisonF has a T6. 1 Beach and is planning on towing a caravan and after checking the Continuous and Ignition controlled 12v supplies appear not to be connected.

She has a T6. @AlisonF has a T6. 1 Beach and is planning on towing a caravan and after checking the Continuous and Ignition controlled 12v supplies appear not to be connected.

Neither do I have an AlKo chassis with the electronic anti-snake device.

That might well change tomorrow when I pick our new caravan up.

Neither do I have an AlKo chassis with the electronic anti-snake device.

That might well change tomorrow when I pick our new caravan up.
Doesn’t matter about any powered anti-snake device. Normally those 2 power supplies run the Caravan fridge continuously and charge the Caravan leisure battery when the engine is running, when the caravan is Hooked upto the vehicle.
Anyway, any Electric anti-snake device is normally powered from the caravan 12v leisure system which is continuously charged by the towing vehicle. So for short trips you don't need the towing vehicle 12v supply for the system to work correctly as long as the Caravan leisure battery is fully charged.

Last edited:
Fully aware of that but thought it might be an indication of whether VW ever did fully wire the 13 pin plug.

Instead of me getting a meter out to check mine, also not a T6.1

I had a quick google search and the red lights show the 12V supplies are connected.
I need to go out to caravan and try again as the ALKO manual for the Eriba says that if the red light on the Eriba ALKO is on to unhook the electrics for 5 seconds and try again. (It should be green)
Also reading up on the Trailer Assist - the Cali needs to be put into reverse and the “P” Assist button pressed to activate it. Again, I need to check this.
Didn’t have all the manuals with me on Friday.
Fingers crossed when I go back all is working as it should.

Edit to add instructions from ALKO and Maypole.DDF73435-3F9C-48B4-B86C-9E9641C8AAFD.png08F129BA-5C01-4D84-960F-8FCB36278C3F.png

Last edited:
Sounds like a 'Launch Control' procedure.

Caravans used to be just a plug in, check lights and fridge on and off down the road. Technology is a great labour saver!

Just a thought IF you can't clear the caravan red Light indication it may be because the Cali doesn't produce a full 12Volts due to the Bluemotion charge system. 11.8Volts typically which may be detected by the Caravan as too low a voltage.

Note just a thought and not seen anyone have that problem relating to a caravan.

Just a thought IF you can't clear the caravan red Light indication it may be because the Cali doesn't produce a full 12Volts due to the Bluemotion charge system. 11.8Volts typically which may be detected by the Caravan as too low a voltage.

Note just a thought and not seen anyone have that problem relating to a caravan.
It did turn green with the loan Caravelle I had whilst awaiting the Beach. I suspect I needed to take plug out and wait 5 secs before reconnecting as per the guidelines I found online. Will test it this week and report back.