Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean

:welcome You have ordered a fabulous vehicle. The only reason I changed was I couldn’t accommodate 4 dogs. But with 2, and myself, and a friend on some trips. Simple the perfect camper.

Welcome. That is a long wait, but it will be worth every micro second.

:welcome. Enjoy your wait! You could entertain us all by letting us know what specification you've gone for. So many lovely places to visits from where you are and 5 National Parks in easy reach - which is your favourite?

Thanks for excepting me....
Our first ever camper is on order an Ocean in Idium grey from VW van centre West Yorkshire .....been given a
6 to 8 months timeframe for van ....can’t wait.
Welcome Rikmac. Genuinely hope your wait is or at least feels shorter. Was in your exact position 6 months ago. My Indium Grey Ocean 4Motion is waiting for a ship in Emden Germany on it's way to Grimsby. Good luck with the experience!

:welcome. Enjoy your wait! You could entertain us all by letting us know what specification you've gone for. So many lovely places to visits from where you are and 5 National Parks in easy reach - which is your favourite?
Ocean in idium grey
150 bhp
woodstock alloys
comfort mattress
shower connection
wood effect floor
detachable towbar
mudflaps
The Lake District is our favourite but looking forward to exploring the whole of Britain.

Ocean in idium grey
150 bhp
woodstock alloys
comfort mattress
shower connection
wood effect floor
detachable towbar
mudflaps
The Lake District is our favourite but looking forward to exploring the whole of Britain.
Did you consider the 235/55/17 All Season tyre option?
Standard tyre now appears to be the narrower 215/60/17C Tyre which may be prone to spinning especially on damp grass slopes.

Did you consider the 235/55/17 All Season tyre option?
Standard tyre now appears to be the narrower 215/60/17C Tyre which may be prone to spinning especially on damp grass slopes.
No...wasn’t aware that the standard tyres had this potential issue.

T6 Ocean came with 235/55/17 Summer Tyres as standard fitment tyres with same size All Season option.
T6.1 now has 215/60/17C tyres as are fitted to transporter vans. I assume to give lower drag for emission output figures. 20mm less tyre width.
There is an option for All Season 215/60/17C tyres or 235/55/17 103V tyres, same additional cost for both. £162 option when I looked on Configurator.

All Season Tyres have a more open tread to deal with wet, muddy and slippery road surfaces. Suitable for most of UK winter conditions as well as summer.
They are also less prone to wheel spin at junctions and roundabouts.
Also being wider they will fill the arches slightly more plus protect the wheel rim from kerb damage better.

BJB, your last point l think is quite important, or in my case very important. The 215's offer little rim portection, whereas the 235's have a healthy bulge outside the rim. Also the 215's appear to have alot stiffer side walls, which doesn't help the ride.

Never had an issue with 215’s + our alloys are unmarked. Would say it’s difficult to kerb a Cali alloy anyway given the size of the wheel / tyre depth (unless it has low profile tyres fitted.)

Talking of narrower rubber and traction. I’ve never had problems with the 235s on my manual T5, don’t exactly go off roading but it’s often parked on loose or grass verges etc.

My Ocean (DSG 2wd) will come with 215/60s. No real experience of DSG - is it harder to control when you need to be delicate?

Welcome here!
Great van in the pipeline! And nice spec!
IMO a wonderful colour.
Enjoy.

BJB, your last point l think is quite important, or in my case very important. The 215's offer little rim portection, whereas the 235's have a healthy bulge outside the rim. Also the 215's appear to have alot stiffer side walls, which doesn't help the ride.
On the currently potholed roads that are seemingly becoming more of the 'normal' road surface stiffer/stronger sidewalls might be a good feature.

I changed from 103 load rated tyres to 106 SUV ones and have a better ride with less 'crashing' over potholes. SUV tyres have a stronger sidewall than the passenger rated tyres with the same load rating.

I did see a Dutch VW Dealer You Tube video where they said that they order the 235 all season on all Californias.

New owner, Three litre Petrol BMW 440 to Cali (150) Ordered August 19th, arrived 23rd December. Not much mileage since the swap, but every one of the 800 miles to date (click and collect miles) has been a joy, and a relaxed drive. Busy pulling all the necessay together. Like a kid in a sweet shop. Enjoy your pending ownerships.

A29A6BA7-1604-4CA3-95AA-C8570BFFFC34.jpeg

5E38A9B3-F460-4CA0-8544-8A7ECE586DE8.jpeg

Last edited:
New owner, Three litre Petrol BMW 440 to Cali (150) Ordered August 19th, arrived 23rd December. Not much milage since the swap, but every one of the 800 miles to date (click and collect miles) has been a joy, and a relaxed drive. Busy pulling all the necessay together. Like a kid in a sweet shop. Enjoy your pending ownerships.

View attachment 76203

View attachment 76204
Lovely. What a difference those wheels make! Can't wait to join you in the 'Delivered' club.