Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New order imminent

Euge

Euge

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all

I've finally managed to choose the spec for a new beach but am unsure about a couple of things so would really appreciate some input from existing owners.
Colour ! Being a conservative kind of chap I was veering towards starlight blue, usual build period of around 6 months ( so they say )
However, having spoken to the salesman today he said they've got the new two tone red and white arriving soon so would I be interested in that instead. He really tried to sell it to me saying they will be a big hit when available.
To gauge opinion I thought I'd ask on here and see what sort of response there is.
Having thought about it for a bit I quite like the idea of white on top of red, just like the original but don't want to limit it's resale value in years to come.

Secondly, what sort of amount should I expect off the list price.
It's a fairly high spec beach and when I mentioned about discount he said they might be able to throw in a bike rack.
Seems a bit paltry to me but I know there's a huge demand for these vehicles so am I being unreasonable expecting much more ?

All thoughts most welcome

I personally love the red-and-white I have a generation six red and white and it is absolutely fabulous to me and to most people I meet you see a lot of finger-pointing as you're driving along the road I personally would deafly buy a two tone colour bearing in mind my last two California SEs were grey as for discount unfortunately at the moment the demand is high but I certainly would push for some sort of discount but a bike rack would not be sufficient for me what kind of discount is he offering off a new one.

Hi all

I've finally managed to choose the spec for a new beach but am unsure about a couple of things so would really appreciate some input from existing owners.
Colour ! Being a conservative kind of chap I was veering towards starlight blue, usual build period of around 6 months ( so they say )
However, having spoken to the salesman today he said they've got the new two tone red and white arriving soon so would I be interested in that instead. He really tried to sell it to me saying they will be a big hit when available.
To gauge opinion I thought I'd ask on here and see what sort of response there is.
Having thought about it for a bit I quite like the idea of white on top of red, just like the original but don't want to limit it's resale value in years to come.

Secondly, what sort of amount should I expect off the list price.
It's a fairly high spec beach and when I mentioned about discount he said they might be able to throw in a bike rack.
Seems a bit paltry to me but I know there's a huge demand for these vehicles so am I being unreasonable expecting much more ?

All thoughts most welcome
Yellow is most certainly the best colour for a Beach. :)

If you are a cash buyer, you should expect at least 7% off the list price. Up to 14% if you are willing to forgo the first three months of the new vehicle and have it used as a road demonstrator.

Lots of threads about colour on here. Since you can't be sure who will want to buy your van in how ever many years it is ahead when you want to sell it, just get the colour YOU like.

If you are a cash buyer, you should expect at least 7% off the list price. Up to 14% if you are willing to forgo the first three months of the new vehicle and have it used as a road demonstrator.

Agree with the yellow. :)

But cash buyers are not king any more - the salesmen will always prefer you to buy on credit as they earn more that way via a percentage of the finance deal. In addition (it may have ended now) you will often bag a manufacturer contribution this way.

Don't worry if you don't want/need credit as you simply pay this off in full the first month or whatever but sill keep the discount.

In terms of 'deal' it varies but 5% should be a minimum, 10% desirable. Get the best deal you can from a broker then show this to various VW dealers and see who plays ball the best. Never have sympathy for the dealer or do them any favours! All they want is a sale.

I love the red/white colour scheme and would have chosen it if it had been an option when I ordered my Ocean in September. You need the retro wheels to go with it though. They are not everyone taste though and the dealer may be keen to secure a buyer rather than being stuck with it for a while so a nice discount could be on the cards. In the second hand market colour is less important so in a few years you should have no problem finding a buyer. If it's the spec you want, go for it.

+1 for the two/tone red and white. Easier to keep looking clean imo than the Starlight blue.

£2400 extra for two tone. white then vinyl wrap may be much cheaper. If you get fed up of red have it changed.

If you go for two tone is this available? SIlver and Acapulco Blue.
iris

I like the red and white, they do stand out but are very attractive. I doubt there would be a negative impact on re-sale.

Don't forget to order a heater with your Beach that'll be more important than colour in the future.

Sounds like the red/white is a single van on it's way to that dealer. I personally like it & I doubt you'd have any issue with resale later - there isn't 'a bad colour'.

Don't let them strong-arm or scare you into paying full whack - there is no need to buy from your local Dealer & you'll likely have little to do with the sales dept again anyway. Tell them you want 7% off - and work out your own number you'll settle for - or you'll just buy over the phone elsewhere (many people here love Guy, can't remember which Dealer). The finance deposit contribution scheme is one way of getting closer.

Pre-registered Dealer demo vans should also be cheaper & quicker - I saw mine online on a Monday & drove it home on the Friday.

Tell them you want 7% off - and work out your own number you'll settle for
It might be worth a trip to SMG Tonbridge. At the moment they are #2 California dealer in the country, and they really want to make it to #1, so a healthy discount from them is a very real possibility. They are a lovely knowledgeable California team too, and that is a real help.

Thanks everyone, some really useful advice there.
Colour wise I just can't make my mind up. Probably over analysing it a bit, first beach and all that !
Between 5% and 10% seems to be the consensus so I'll let you know how I get on.
Will definitely be giving Tonbridge a call Tom, makes sense what your saying there.

As a footnote, the dealer I spoke to yesterday told me today that there will be a price rise on 1st June of 4% so I should order quickly.
Call me cynical but my first thought was typical bloody salesman although I could well be wrong.

Thanks everyone, some really useful advice there.
Colour wise I just can't make my mind up. Probably over analysing it a bit, first beach and all that !
Between 5% and 10% seems to be the consensus so I'll let you know how I get on.
Will definitely be giving Tonbridge a call Tom, makes sense what your saying there.

As a footnote, the dealer I spoke to yesterday told me today that there will be a price rise on 1st June of 4% so I should order quickly.
Call me cynical but my first thought was typical bloody salesman although I could well be wrong.

Yep, sounds about the right time of year for the annual VW California price hike. We ordered ours this time last year at the last squeak on the 29th May before the June 1st increase.

The date sounds right, I cannot confirm the %, but with a 10% or so devaluation in the pound against the Euro since this time last year, VW are going to be pushing up UK prices.

I think there was a 4% price rise this time last year.

The new model from June also comes with the minor kitchen updates.

Hi Amarillo,

Thanks for your posts on this forum, lots of insight gained.

What does having your van as a demonstrator for 3 months entail? Will people be renting this van from the dealer as test drives? What was the mileage will it have when you receive it? What happens if there is any damage or wear? When does the warranty start? Are there any insurance implications having an ex-demo? Do you pay the deposit then nothing until it is in your hands? Sorry for the questions but I am considering this route as if I order now it will arrive mid-November and I am unlikely to use it until March 2018.

If there is even a slight chance you may tow or fit a tow bar mounted bike rack I would reccomend including in your soec now.

I think there was a 4% price rise this time last year.

The new model from June also comes with the minor kitchen updates.

What are the new updates? I haven't read about those.

Starting to lose patience with the dealer I'm in contact with now.
He's given me two quotes so far. One was for a high spec ex demo, £63k.
When I queried this he said he'd got the numbers wrong and the 6 should have been a 5, wtf is that all about.
The second quote for a new one doesn't include the comfort dash or parking heater, even though i'd made it crystal clear in the showroom I wanted these options.
Friendly enough bloke but Christ, he's making hard work of the process so far.

Back