Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner Bottom of roof bed badly creased- is this normal?

• Thread starter Greg&Mel Australian Cali
  • Start date
Greg&Mel Australian Cali

Greg&Mel Australian Cali

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Just picked up our new Cali.
Not sure what is normal but there is a big sideways crease in the lining of the underneath of the roof bed. The crease sticks out about a cm and aligns with the rear of the sliding cabin roof when open.
So the inside ceiling is permanently wrinkled. It does not look like it is supposed to be like this??

Not sure what is normal but there is a big sideways crease in the lining of the underneath of the roof bed. The crease sticks out about a cm and aligns with the rear of the sliding cabin roof when open.
So the inside ceiling is permanently wrinkled. It does not look like it is supposed to be like this??
Any photos please?

There shouldn't be wrinkles but there is a definite step in the underside of the bed.

Post a photo, you’ll soon have an answer in response

I'd hope you are describing the shape of the lining which is puposely shaped to accommodate the sliding roof portion. We have been here before, but I can't find the thread. You are using words like crease and wrinkles, which sound severe. You should have a smooth transition at the rear of the sliding roof pocket onto the remainder of the roof lining. I'd hope this is it, but as others have said, photos would be helpful.

I can't find the thread.

Yes it’s 100% normal

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Go enjoy your Van :cool: & post some pics of your adventures

Thanks guys.
I am enjoying our new Cali Beach as much as I can, but with a broken right foot. After waiting for 9 months for delivery I crashed my road bike the weekend before it arrived. Five broken bones including my heel and so I have a 3 months recovery, if all goes well.
I have planned my rear pull-out kitchen build, bought the cooker, fridge, sink and water tank plus the hexa plywood and was just waiting for the Cali to arrive to confirm my measurements.
My wife and I had planned our first shakedown trip and now all I can do is drive my wheelchair to my garage and look at it.

F2EA717B-5A5B-44BB-BAFB-DC68A078D56E.jpeg

Thanks guys.
I am enjoying our new Cali Beach as much as I can, but with a broken right foot. After waiting for 9 months for delivery I crashed my road bike the weekend before it arrived. Five broken bones including my heel and so I have a 3 months recovery, if all goes well.
I have planned my rear pull-out kitchen build, bought the cooker, fridge, sink and water tank plus the hexa plywood and was just waiting for the Cali to arrive to confirm my measurements.
My wife and I had planned our first shakedown trip and now all I can do is drive my wheelchair to my garage and look at it.

View attachment 100939
Camp out on your Driveway/ garden, great way to do a shakedown, particularly if you’ve forgotten something !

Yes it’s normal. Though I had doubts when I first spotted it on our new Cali too.

Any photos please?
If it's the same concern we had when we had our first rental Ocean before we purchased our own, it must be the natural step in the bottom of the roof that 'hides' the sliding hatch. Certainly got me worried but then relief as I realised it was the design.

Back