Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner day 1

llackford

llackford

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All, so we picked up our new Cali yesterday from VW leicester, we dealt with Steve nice guy and very helpful.

So in less than 24hrs of ownership im happy to report one very minor issue, i say issue this is our personal issue not that of the van.

WOW these carpets show the dirt really quickly!! I'm no stig of the dump by any means and just walking to the van this morning across our tarmac this morning has plastered the driver matt with all sorts of crud!!!

Can anyone recommend what they do to help reduce this this build up of dirt so quickly???

i guess a larger type rubber mat or other black mats may help?

Why VW have decided in all their wisdom to put light coloured flooring in a vehicle that is taken off the beaten track and used on grass and mud is very confusing to me:headbang

I would also think seat covers are a must??

As you say seat covers and mats are essential .
Enjoy your first trip....

Thank you ;)

Can you recommend any? i looked on ebay this morning and they have way to many to choose from!!

Agreed, the Monster mats are good but the drivers side wears through quickly. Had two sets now and both the same so we now have the cheaper VW mats that came with the van on top of the Monsters.

Fitted our seat covers on day one and got mats for front, middle and boot - essential pieces of kit. :)

I will report how I get on when I get my van but it will be interesting to see how I get on with the Brandrup Moonrock carpets. Got the full set which I'm going to treat before putting down.
Might be an expensive mistake but I've probably made worse

It is though just me and the wife no dogs and no kiddies .

Mike

Seems a shame to cover seats with covers unless you have animals. Most upholstery will clean up well if you spill whatever. Picking decent trim shouldn't be covered up IMO but be on display and admired.

You will think diffrent afther a bowl of pastasauce that goes on the side while eating ...
I coverd mine with the nice Brandrup covers , can't see that it are covers same print/colors as original seats . Worth the money imo.
Oh , and we got a dog ...

Rubber mats in front , carpet in the back

Hi SimonB, o I like the sound of them, think I'm sold! And will pop to Ikea in the next few weeks too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree monster mats good for the front Have fitted the darker brandrup carpet to the centre section which doesn't show dirt so much. Can really recommend however flat rectangular rubber mats available from Costco which fit mid and rear sections and have a lip to catch any spills. They are a perfect fit.

Hi SimonB, o I like the sound of them, think I'm sold! And will pop to Ikea in the next few weeks too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something else about them that I find useful, is that you can open the under-seat drawer with the Borris mat in place. I'm always having to open it to get something else out and being able to do it without having to move the mat is a bonus.

You will think diffrent afther a bowl of pastasauce that goes on the side while eating ...
I coverd mine with the nice Brandrup covers , can't see that it are covers same print/colors as original seats . Worth the money imo.
Oh , and we got a dog ...

Rubber mats in front , carpet in the back

Hi HC - do you wash the Brandrup covers in the washing machine or just wipe the down? I've got some on back order but interested to know how easy they are to maintain.

I machine wash my Brandrup covers and they come up very good. Keep their shape well.

@Lewis , machinewash low themp. (30 deg. Celcius )

Agree monster mats good for the front Have fitted the darker brandrup carpet to the centre section which doesn't show dirt so much. Can really recommend however flat rectangular rubber mats available from Costco which fit mid and rear sections and have a lip to catch any spills. They are a perfect fit.

Which Costco mats are you referring to.
Do you have the name of them?

We were in today looking but could not see any with a lip on.

TIA

Teejay

Just a thought on floor coverings for the middle/camper section of the van - we use thin rugs that go in the washer after a muddy type of trip. They absorb whatever moisture we bring in from outside/spill inside and provide quite a nice homely contrast to the otherwise Teutonic Cali. Pretty cheap too!

Seems a shame to cover seats with covers unless you have animals. Most upholstery will clean up well if you spill whatever. Picking decent trim shouldn't be covered up IMO but be on display and admired.
I wonder how many owners have rubber mats covering the carpets and seat covers on their settees at home?

Dunelm washable rug over our Brandrup cab carpet.
See link for photo
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/finally-our-very-own-room-with-view.14526/
We have dogs so it's great to be able throw the rug in the washing machine after a trip. We use a Dunelm mat in the entrance of the conservatory, helps stop wet, muddy paw prints.
We have the monster mats in the front foot wells.
Have treated the Brandrup carpet & light grey carpet exposed in the front & Alcantara seats with Gtechniq I1 smart fabric ( time will tell if any good). Good reviews- left window,doors, & boot open to get rid of the smell after treating
No seat covers ,we really like the look of Alcantara trim in the T6.

Last edited:
Not sure if the owner of the 6000 mile 2015 Silver SE in the for sale section would agree. He's (?) had to declare in his ad that his seats are already marked.

Back