Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New owner - Locking wheel nut, matress storage & bike rack question

Brad Lintern

Brad Lintern

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All - picked up our new California Beach yesterday and spent the day pulling all the levers, pressing all the buttons and finding homes for things. Really pleased so far.

I've been reading the forum for a week or two and picked up some really useful information, so thanks to this who've shared!!

I have a couple of questions I haven't come across (apologies if I've missed it). Wondering how people deal with the following:
  1. Locking wheel nut (and spare safe nut when it arrives (thanks club shop)), where do you keep it so that it isn't in the way day to day (and therefore likely to get lost) but is secure and findable when you need it?
  2. Mattress - when not in use, what do you store it in and where (in the van). It came in a big plastic bag but that isn't going to last long and isn't easy to handle. Assume it just goes in the back on top of the multi-flex board for most people?
  3. Bike rack - we bought a black Cali and I have the windows darkened from the standard tint. The chap that did it sent me a photo before I collected and you could only see the reflection of the bike rack which looked like it had been anodised black. I can see that looking really good on the van. Has anyone had it done and/or would make a recommendation?
Our first trip is planned for next weekend... looking forward to it!!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

fullsizeoutput_1844.jpeg

image.png